Topic: Zoom in/out/in/out  (Read 4785 times)

Brygun

« on: November 25, 2018, 05:48:34 PM »
When using enter to switch between the zoomed in local and the area travelling map I sometimes get multiple in/out/in/out cycles. I am definitely not touching the keyboard anymore. Its inconsistent on happening (which is hard to debug) and variable in the number of key strokes it assumes.

My hardware is an Acer Win 10 tablet so this  might also be an obscure OS issue.

I was wondering though if it was possible to block this bug by clearing the keyboard buffer when you zoom in/out. That might stop it from having affect.

P.S. Hi Saami

Brygun

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 12:18:33 AM »
I did a little testing.

I had auto zoom in for the homestead on. Plus I was hitting enter. Sometimes it would do one in, one out cycle. Other times more oscillations.

With auto zoom on homestead turned off I didn't have the problem.

Still recommend if possible clearing the keyboard buffer when auto zoom on homestead activates.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 03:42:26 PM »
Keyboard buffer is constantly being cleared before reading any player input.  This can be easily noticed by spamming any player action keys and seeing they don't buffer up.

So, after zooming in, when the map is loaded and it's player turn to press a key the buffer is cleared and if more [ENTER]s were pressed somewhere along the way they shouldn't be counted at all. I tried to reproduce but couldn't. Dunno if the SDL keyboard handling deals with the buffer differently on some systems but I'm a bit out of fixes here.

Anyone else, does this happen to you or can you reproduce?

- Sami | UnReal World creator

Teellox

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 10:07:18 AM »

About 60 hours in, on Linux, with auto-zoom to homestead enabled. I've never hit any repeated keystroke bugs, although being Linux I imagine there's different things happening at the SDL/driver level.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 09:29:44 AM »

About 60 hours in, on Linux, with auto-zoom to homestead enabled. I've never hit any repeated keystroke bugs, although being Linux I imagine there's different things happening at the SDL/driver level.

Thanks for the follow-up, Teellox.
- Sami | UnReal World creator