UnReal World > General Discussion

Well...shiite!

(1/3) > >>

Tom H:
One week before midwinter, 4th year. I have the habit of removing most of my clothes in the cabin in order to work hides. I know I picked them up but I guess I neglected to WEAR them when I went out. I didn't notice that I was freezing? Yep. I got the notice that my neck suffered frostbite...and I died! I'm sure I died as the richest man in the wilderness...bah!

davidor:
Yup, hypothermia death is no longer limit to "frozen to death" temperature. If the game give you a warning, take it seriously.

Tom H:

--- Quote from: davidor on November 27, 2018, 04:16:01 PM ---Yup, hypothermia death is no longer limit to "frozen to death" temperature. If the game give you a warning, take it seriously.

--- End quote ---

I didn't get a warning! It was just 'neck is frostbit', you've died'! It's because I was walking. If I'd been trying to start a fire or something like that, it would have told me I was suffering from the cold. Because I was only walking, it waited until it was fatal.

( as noted in a later post, I actually WAS warned...meh)

Brygun:
That wasn't the only thing that got frostbite  :o

If walking you might have accidentally pushed through the messages or missed it as the game was spitting up "you see here" messages.

However, perhaps when it comes to an injury perhaps make a suggestion to force a stop box. If you are holding a key down to walk it >might< just flicker off the screen.

Tom H:
I'd spotted robbers already and was watching the screen to make sure I did not stumble into them. It's all cool. I learned a TON of stuff playing that guy.

It may seem strange but I view my characters like someone I visit at the hospital with a fatal illness. I know what's coming, just not when. It was sudden and over in a second, a good way to go...lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version