UnReal World > Solved'n'fixed bug reports

[Fixed, persists in 3.52] All forest reindeer are does, no stags

(1/3) > >>

Plotinus:
I have been noticing this for a while. Whenever you encounter forest reindeer, use F3 to look at them. There are does and calves but no stags. I haven't seen a single forest reindeer stag since gender was implemented. I have seen both reindeer stags  and does for sale in northern villages.

Also I have never seen a baby hare  but I haven't encountered enough hares to be sure that I just haven't got lucky yet; after all it took me many games to see a single bear cub and it may be the same with hares. But I have encountered hundreds of forest reindeer by now and all of them have been female.

Tom H:
I didn't pay attention at the time whether they were designated as stags, but, I've collected a lot of deer antlers.  I've seen what's described as LARGE hares, which may be how they differentiate the sizes/ages. Seen many cubs with moms. Maybe just rng, eh?

PALU:
Reindeer differs from elks in that both genders have antlers, so collection of reindeer antlers doesn't actually tell us anything. I haven't paid attention to the gender (they're walking stores of meat regardless), but may start to look out for it. I've never seen either bear cubs or baby hares, though, but I avoid bears when possible.

Tom H:
When I first began playing and still thought it wise to fight bears, I encountered my first cub when I tracked the killer animal in the 'Unfortunate Hunting Trip'. I killed mom and her cub. I have, since would up fighting mom and a cub twice more. But, I've learned that it's a lot safer trapping them than fighting them (since a large poppa bear 0ne-shotted me!) so I have not hung around to see if a cub was with those I've run into.

Míriel:
I've noticed the same, even the lone reindeer are does, never stags. I've also never seen young for the smaller animals but I'm not sure they were added.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version