UnReal World > Not bugs

[not a bug] sacrificing dried fish pleases the forest, not the water

(1/3) > >>

Plotinus:

--- Code: ---(AB5700):a2j9:[+]{07A9064B}      | You gently set the dried lynx cut on the ground as a sacrifice.
(143270):a2j9:[#]{07A9064B}      | You feel comfortable.
(AB5700):a2ja:[+]{07A9064B}      | You gently set the dried bream on the ground as a sacrifice.
(143270):a2ja:[#]{07A9064B}      | You feel a bit unsteady.
(AB5700):a2ja:[+]{07AA064B}      | You gently set the trout on the ground as a sacrifice.
(143270):a2ja:[#]{07AA064B}      | You feel comfortable.

--- End code ---

davidor:
Did you caught some fish?
It seems after 3.51 now you can perform 4 types of general sacrifices:
1. common sacrifice
2. silver on ant nest
3. sacrifice of fresh butchered
4. sacrifice of fresh fish

--- Code: --- - fixed: only one sacrifice allowed per day

If any kind of sacrifice to any spirit was performed even the different kind of sacrifices during the
        same day were considered excess. This was not intentional, and is now fixed back to normal:
        You can perform multiple sacrifices on daily basis as long as they are targeted at different
        spirits, ie. forest or water spirit, or if the act of sacrificing is a part of unique spell.
--- End code ---

I think not making sacrifice is the reason of "The waters around feel extremely hostile to you." :-[ not overfishing

PALU:
I was under the impression that you only have 3 standard (general) sacrifices:
1. Meat to the forest spirit
2. Fish to the water spirits
3. Silver on an ant hill

In addition to this there are some special cases (such as first catch of the season, game course of iron weapon sacrifice, and sacrificial of bread [which I've never performed]).

However, I haven't tried to perform a butcher sacrifice after a "normal" forest spirit one in the morning.

Plotinus:
I did catch fish. I sacrificed some dried meat, got "you feel comfortable" so it was accepted. then i sacrificed some dried fish, got "you feel unsteady" -- the message you get when you try to do the same sacrifice again, then I sacrified some raw fish and got "you feel comfortable" which proves that the dried fish sacrifice didn't count towards the water spirits.

I think the dried meat sacrifice counted towards the forest spirits but I'll check:

--- Code: ---(AB5700):t2jj:[+]{07A9064B}      | You gently set the dried lynx cut on the ground as a sacrifice.
(143270):t2jj:[#]{07A9064B}      | You feel at ease.
(AB5700):t2jj:[+]{07A9064B}      | You gently set the fox cut on the ground as a sacrifice.
(143270):t2jj:[#]{07A9064B}      | You feel a bit unsteady.

--- End code ---

so dried lynx cut and fresh fox cut sacrifice to the same spirits
and dried fish and fresh meat sacrifice to the same spirits

but dried fish and fresh fish sacrifice to different spirits

JEB Davis:
This makes sense to me because when a fish is first caught is when I think the sacrifice would be meaningful to the water spirits, rather than many days later after the fish is dried. Besides, water spirits are wet and dried fish has no water in it, so it may be insulting to the spirits to give it back to them in that condition.

For similar reasons, it would make sense to me if NO dried fish or meat was acceptable to ANY spirit. I could see any spirit being insulted by dried flesh. 

"Why did you wait so long to say thank you to me for this beautiful animal you took away from my domain?" or "What have you done to the juicy, blood-filled flesh of my creature, you defiler!"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version