Topic: "Excuse me, sir... Could you tell me about this plant?"  (Read 2803 times)

Dungeon Smash

« on: November 06, 2018, 07:53:47 PM »
It would be nice to be able to ask shamen in towns about the local plant life.  Sometimes, when in a foreign area or if your herblore skill is poor, you will see plants growing around the neighborhood or in the fields and have no idea what they are.  You can't steal leaves or flowers to identify them, but why couldn't you just ask a friendly local?   It seems logical to me.

I'm not sure how this would work, exactly, since you would have to indicate a nearby plant.  Or, another alternative is that you could show the leaves or flowers to a sage and he could tell you.  This would not add to your herblore skill, and you would not be able to recognize the plant on your own without more practice, but you (the player) would have to remember, "Ah, pretty grass = bear pipe". 

What do you think, good idea? or does it rob the gameplay of a necessary element of mystery?  Or is it just too impractical to implement?  Thanks!

anything