Topic: Receiving failed quests again?  (Read 3885 times)

Saukko

« on: November 27, 2018, 05:20:05 PM »
Is it possible to receive quests that were removed from the quest list, but not finished, again at some point? I have now failed both the forest maids and water folk quests - in the first case I was never able to catch the forest maid though she appeared several times, and in the second case I received the quest so late that once I had finally found a place where I could (probably) manage to carry out the rituals, it was winter already and lying naked on a rock in the middle of some rapids at night in subzero weather was less than appealing...

PALU

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 12:23:29 AM »
I don't believe the quests themselves can be gotten again, but you've learned how to perform the rituals, so you should be able to perform them when you feel like it (and you're not supposed to catch the Forest Maid: you should read the description).

Saukko

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 04:05:09 PM »
Good, I thought I had lost the opportunities because I had tarried too long, preparing for the coming winter. And by "catching" I meant chasing the forest maiden until something happened, as she did day something to the effect of "come and get what you deserve" before darting off into the trees, where I lost the sight of her almost immediately... though I did consider trying to erect a fence around the campsite to try to contain her, or dig a pit trap to see if she would fall into that... all sorts of strange ideas spring to mind when camping alone in the midst of a deep forest at night...

PALU

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 06:05:29 PM »
Yes, you should follow her, and will lose her quickly. While following, keep a good check of the surroundings, as it may pay off (as does returning in daylight at look around). Note "may", as it usually does not. Also note that she may use different phrases, although I don't know if they have any relation to the outcome.

anything