Topic: 3.52 NOT a patch?  (Read 4864 times)

Tom H

« on: November 15, 2018, 03:25:16 AM »
I see that 3.52 is now available. Will this wipe out my present game? In the 3rd year, I'd hate to have to give it up!

bugeeman

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 03:48:15 AM »
It won't wipe out your saved game, but I believe only characters from versions 3.4 and above are compatible.
A prompt should pop up while you are uninstalling the game asking to keep your saved characters.

You can also backup your characters by copy pasting the character folder in the main game directory somewhere safe. The folders are usually named in all capitals. A character named ChingWong will have a folder called CHINGWONG in the main game directory

Privateer

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 03:49:43 AM »
 Unless something has changed, URW will not install over an existing game version (steam version being the exception).
Install game to new folder and copy over any survivor folders you want to migrate. Any mods or other changes would also need to be transferred.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Tom H

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 02:39:13 PM »
Ahh, Many thanks!

tedomedo

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 10:29:36 PM »
There's no need to install the game. Use e. g. 7zip which lets you open and unzip .exe files. You will get the same files as if you install the game. This is faster than installing. Then copy your saved game folder and urw-ini.txt (is this isn't changed in new version).
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 10:36:09 PM by tedomedo »

anything