UnReal World > Gameplay questions

Armor - Maximum Protection

(1/3) > >>

Rhaikh:
From the wiki on Clothing, there's a comment from an old forum post along the lines of

--- Quote ---With heavy clothes, you can push 150 [lbs] but the additional protection is barely noticeable at this point.
--- End quote ---

Does this mean there's diminishing returns on protection?  Or is there a hard maximum cap?

Second question, I read somewhere that armor quality doesn't change protection value, is that definitively correct?

Rhaikh:
Next question:

If you're only wearing a Woollen Veil, is it the same as only wearing a Woollen Cowl? (or Linen Tunic / Linen Undergarments?)  These items have the same material thus same protection, and same coverage, but different weights

Ametsala:
Diminishing returns in the way of more armor adding more encumbrance penalty. Sure, you can wear all the armor you can and barely be able to move, but the penalty will make most of your skills - including combat skills - useless.

Generally you'll want to keep your penalties to a minimum, because they directly affect most skills. So only wear heavy armor when you're heading for combat.

As far as I know, each body part's protection is calculated by the items covering it. Wearing a woollen veil or cowl will give the same amount of protection for skull and neck (double if both are worn).

(Linen undergarment actually protects the elbows, forearms, knees and calves in addition to those protected by a linen tunic. The wiki should be correct about this. It's not too long since I checked these.)

Not sure about the quality thing though. It might be that it only affects how durable the armor is, i.e. how many hits it can take before breaking.

Brygun:
IIRC a poor quality reduces the affect value by -1. So a 5 point protection would be just 4. IIRC the Wiki explains this. There is something like:

fine +1 affect, + XX price
fine  + X price
normal
weak - X price
poor -1 affect, - XX price

Saiko Kila:

--- Quote from: Rhaikh on May 26, 2017, 12:21:00 AM ---Second question, I read somewhere that armor quality doesn't change protection value, is that definitively correct?

--- End quote ---

I haven't found a single instance of difference of armour between poor and masterwork quality items. Assuming they have the same condition, they will set the total protection for a given body part to the same value. Whether their quality will play role in the combat - I don't know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version