UnReal World > Modding

Can someone create pickaxe mod?

<< < (2/2)

Dungeon Smash:
Or just play minecraft instead, dude.  Ancient Finland did not have bricks, this is a historically-inspired simulation

tedomedo:
Of course i play minecraft too. It's better than UrW. UrW has few better things like weight limit, seasons, time for building. UrW doesn't have pickaxe for mining stones and iron (the game is in iron age so this could be available), we can't repair weapons, tools, armors and so on. So if these suggestions were created for UrW, i would play it more than minecraft.

PALU:

--- Quote from: tedomedo on November 08, 2018, 10:10:12 AM ---... UrW doesn't have pickaxe for mining stones and iron (the game is in iron age so this could be available), we can't repair weapons, tools, armors and so on. ...

--- End quote ---
Wrong. Iron age does not imply iron mines [or pickaxes]. The cultures in the area used bog iron as their source of iron, not mines dug into rock. If I understand it correctly, smiths at the time were highly regarded craftsmen making their living out of crafting iron items for customers: smithing wasn't something everyone were doing on the side, but more or less one of the first real professions. Even so, they were probably not able to create sophisticated armor or weapons (those were imported, which is what the foreign traders represent), but they should have been able to produce tools and basic weapons. So yes, first you character is an apprentice full time for 5-10 years (probably starting at age 10-12 or so), before they'd be able to open up their own shop (smithing all day long, and no adventuring).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version