Topic: Material Coal  (Read 9925 times)

Brygun

« on: May 22, 2017, 08:20:19 PM »
Alot of the mods now have coal as a standard item. Perhaps it is time to make it a standard in game item?

caethan

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 09:13:09 PM »
I think before that fires need to be set up so that there's some need to keep refueling a fire that's doing something (cooking or forging or whatever) --- making more effective fuels actually important.

PALU

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 12:28:37 PM »
Refueling won't be possible until tasks can be interrupted and resumed. In the case of the modded functionality of forging you can easily do that: just require a sufficient amount of fuel as part of the process. You can easily assume feeding fuel to the fire at appropriate moments is just a regular part of the process: there is no need to micro manage it as it just adds tedium. The fuel requirement is still valid though, but just bake it into the process.
A case where you might want to actually handle refueling is the smoking of meat/fish, but you don't want to be tied to your homestead for the rather lengthy process (yes, you can check nearby traps, but hardly perform any quests).

JEB Davis

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 12:05:06 AM »
...snip...
A case where you might want to actually handle refueling is the smoking of meat/fish, but you don't want to be tied to your homestead for the rather lengthy process (yes, you can check nearby traps, but hardly perform any quests).
This would be a neat addition for realism.

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 03:58:08 AM »
yeah, agreed.  it would be nice if smoking required constant fuel, or else the smoked goods would spoil.  for roleplaying sake, i often try to keep my smokehouse nice and stoked.  it does start to feel pointless after a while...

anything