UnReal World > Gameplay questions

Keeping the game fresh

<< < (2/3) > >>

davidor:

--- Quote from: Brygun on May 09, 2017, 10:41:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: Blxz on May 08, 2017, 03:46:16 AM ---Sometimes I edit the plant files so that every single herb and plant produces seeds (this is moderately time consuming but not hard) and then make myself a massive farm where I grow every herb and just experiment with various cooking and medicine components.

--- End quote ---

Please make this an available mod!

I've thought about something similar for spicing and medical treatment.

>>>>

As to my own methods:

One part is to have a personal quest. My current favorite is the Smith-of-the-north. Using an iron working mod I go from the Driik (or other more civilized people) to live by the northern people. Personal goal being to find the large inland lake that there always is and set up on north end or north of it. Then iron up the north people. Its like a quest to improve the people sacrificing the loneliness, and danger, of remote living.

--- End quote ---

Try this little tool:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/UrW_forum/index.php?showtopic=4908
Or:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/UrW_forum/index.php?showtopic=7677

Brygun:
Another thought on this is to that as I get hopes/plans for camping/hiking I watch youtube channels like Survival Lilly and Far North Buschcraft and Survival. Those get me thinking of getting out. When I can't get out of the elevated concrete cave that is my city apartment I can put myself 'in the mindset' by playing Unreal World.

Also,

There have been some tragic moments in my life where the survival mindset has helped me make it through far better than many others in similar situations. "What do you need? What do you have?" and "The forest will provide" mental repeats encouraging my mind to think of solutions to overcome a problem rather than that there is nothing possible.

PS... dear Saami, thanks for that.

DfDevadander:

--- Quote from: Blxz on May 08, 2017, 03:46:16 AM ---Nothing too special normally. Generally though I will play a theme. I enjoy seal-tribe living a semi-nomadic life hunting seals. Sometimes I edit the plant files so that every single herb and plant produces seeds (this is moderately time consuming but not hard) and then make myself a massive farm where I grow every herb and just experiment with various cooking and medicine components.

I remember a while back I kept trying to see if I could eat those poisonous black mushrooms and survive with my special medical herbs.

--- End quote ---

That is a pretty good idea; I use herbal medicines in the real world instead of pharmaceutical products (we've got some nasty "medicines" here in the US that shouldn't be in production) so I've always had a love for the in-game ability to harvest and use herbs and other plants for medicine, I just had never thought to mod them so that I could cultivate them instead of wild harvesting!

Also, how did your experiment with the mushrooms turn out? I tend to stay away from the in-game and real world mushrooms (bad experiences in both settings have fostered that caution) but I'm curious to know whether or not you managed to survive a lethally poisonous fungus

Labtop 215:
I always try to play a likeness of myself, and then basically roleplay as myself.  Basically, would you do something in the game that you wouldn't do in real life?

Basically...

- Are you really a god of combat, stealth, and a master hide-worker?  Specifically?
- Would you deliberately hunt down and kill somebody to take their stuff?
- For that matter, would you really seek out warriors from another culture to fight?
- Would you really gather a whole bunch of people from different villages, arm them with weapons and armor, and go destroy other camps?
- Would you really subsist on a mono-diet knowing how bad for you health that is in real life?  Like mono-dried meat or mono fish, or mono milk?
- For that matter, what kind of allergies do you have in the real world?
- Would you really feed your dogs spoilt meat?  Or try and sell that to others (not sure if you can still do this or not.)
- Would you really build a cabin, by yourself?  Would you really cut down 300 tree's, put them all on a raft secured only with small pieces of cloth you cut from your underwear, and paddle upstream, to a building site so close to the river that it could potentially be flooded?
- Would you really build a trap-fence 10 km long?
- Would you really work your character so hard that they are constantly on the verge of fainting?
- Use the "Oath of Iron" ritual on throwaway weapons?
- Ect, ect.  You get the point.

Basically there's a ton of things you end up doing in the game because they are incredibly favorable or they take out some of the tedium, but they totally wreck the intended balance of the game.  Now, of course, being to strict with those ideas can also lead to a boring or frustrating game, so you should have some leeway if you choose to re-imagine yourself.  Perhaps you from 1,000 years ago would be very talented in something.  You would have to be, or you wouldn't last very long. 

JEB Davis:

--- Quote from: Labtop 215 on May 23, 2017, 08:59:53 AM ---I always try to play a likeness of myself, and then basically roleplay as myself.  Basically, would you do something in the game that you wouldn't do in real life?

Basically...

- Are you really a god of combat, stealth, and a master hide-worker?  Specifically?
- Would you deliberately hunt down and kill somebody to take their stuff?
- For that matter, would you really seek out warriors from another culture to fight?
- Would you really gather a whole bunch of people from different villages, arm them with weapons and armor, and go destroy other camps?
- Would you really subsist on a mono-diet knowing how bad for you health that is in real life?  Like mono-dried meat or mono fish, or mono milk?
- For that matter, what kind of allergies do you have in the real world?
- Would you really feed your dogs spoilt meat?  Or try and sell that to others (not sure if you can still do this or not.)
- Would you really build a cabin, by yourself?  Would you really cut down 300 tree's, put them all on a raft secured only with small pieces of cloth you cut from your underwear, and paddle upstream, to a building site so close to the river that it could potentially be flooded?
- Would you really build a trap-fence 10 km long?
- Would you really work your character so hard that they are constantly on the verge of fainting?
- Use the "Oath of Iron" ritual on throwaway weapons?
- Ect, ect.  You get the point.

Basically there's a ton of things you end up doing in the game because they are incredibly favorable or they take out some of the tedium, but they totally wreck the intended balance of the game.  Now, of course, being to strict with those ideas can also lead to a boring or frustrating game, so you should have some leeway if you choose to re-imagine yourself.  Perhaps you from 1,000 years ago would be very talented in something.  You would have to be, or you wouldn't last very long.

--- End quote ---
Very well said  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version