UnReal World > Modding

How do I Mod?

(1/2) > >>

Ara D.:
I am not tech savy. How do I download and install a mod. Please bear in mind that I will need a lots of explanation. I know nothing about mod and codes

Privateer:
Hopefully you are running some flavor of Windows;
Here is a link to a tutorial I made some time back.
I tried to make it easy to read (short) and easy to follow (Modding 101)
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/urwforum/urw-crafting-demystified-t6256.html
This tries to simply lay out how to make and use mods and how they work.

Ara D.:
Thanks for the link. I only glanced at because I'm currently at work. But it looked to be how to mod, I didn't make my self clear I'm not interested in creating a new mod, but I want to be able to add others existing mods. Is there a simple way to "plug and play?"

Privateer:
Sorry for my mistake.
Install a mod > copy the files into the unrealworld directory.

Generally that's all there is to it.

PALU:

--- Quote from: Privateer on August 30, 2018, 07:16:45 PM ---Sorry for my mistake.
Install a mod > copy the files into the unrealworld directory.

Generally that's all there is to it.

--- End quote ---
Well, any decently made mod should have installation instructions. Look for those and follow what they say.

Many mods just add stuff, but if there are graphics associated the go into the appropriate sub directories. Also, in some cases mods replace files, in which case you may want to back the originals up, e.g. by changing their names to start with e.g.XXX (changing the suffix does NOT work...). Also, mods can clash if you use multiple mods in that they can use the same letters for their menus, and you generally will have to sort those things out yourself by reassigning some letters to unused ones (which obviously requires a basic knowledge of how mods work).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version