Topic: Trade Viewing, Ropes  (Read 3154 times)

Tom H

« on: November 03, 2018, 02:21:10 PM »
I'd like to suggest that, when trading, your customer can see what is loaded on a pack animal, too, not just what the character is holding.

I suggest that a rope, which seems to be of use solely for making rafts/leashes, should be required to dress out a large kill, at least when a table is not available. You'd have to hang a kill to do the job in the wild.

I know that ropes can be used where a cord can be, but, why would one waste a more costly rope? Beyond rafts and leashes, there seems to be no useful purpose for ropes.

PALU

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 02:31:43 PM »
You should definitely not be required to use a rope when butchering a large kill, as that will more or less kill your ability to get started. You could, of course, require specific tools to get a good/better yield out of a kill, though.

Tom H

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 04:06:10 PM »
Three javelins ( I said 3, it actually takes 5 or 6 javelins) will trade for a rope and javelins are essentially free. It seems a cheap-to-get item. Anyway, I was just spitballing, trying to think of something logical to do with the ropes I've accumulated. Maybe require, initially, ropes to set up pack animals?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 01:42:00 PM by Tom H »

Ara D.

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 06:43:43 PM »
First yes please to being able to trade out of a pack animal. Second I feel that a rope or a hanging stand would not make a difference on the amount of meat but might improve quality, and absolutely would make the ergonomics of butchering easier. So may be a time penalty for no rope or a bonus for rope?