UnReal World > Solved'n'fixed bug reports

[Fixed - persists in 3.51] (A bug, but a feature) The winter bug

(1/2) > >>

Nydxz:
 So... I have a mallard near my home, it doesn't run from me anymore, I think i've been around him for around 60 days now and the winter started to kick in, the problem is that he was on the water and the water tile froze with him on it, so he got bugged and couldn't move anymore. This is something strange for me, I doubt a bird would get caught by the ice like that and it could be somewhat exploited, I mean, I could simply kill it with one blunt hit since he was stuck.

Edit: Okay, he tried to "land" on the ice and is unable, that's what is causing the bug. I bet swans also suffer from this bug.

Privateer:
Though rare, or at least rare that it's caught on camera, water birds do get stuck/frozen into ice some times.
I've seen it happen to geese.

Goose frozen to ice on Smith Lake in Wash Park rescued by Denver Fire Department

Nydxz:
Oh! I thought that was something extremely rare... But it's something I never knew for sure that could happen.
 Thx for clarifying Privateer

Sami:

--- Quote from: Nydxz on August 11, 2018, 04:18:56 AM --- So... I have a mallard near my home, it doesn't run from me anymore, I think i've been around him for around 60 days now and the winter started to kick in, the problem is that he was on the water and the water tile froze with him on it, so he got bugged and couldn't move anymore. This is something strange for me, I doubt a bird would get caught by the ice like that and it could be somewhat exploited, I mean, I could simply kill it with one blunt hit since he was stuck.

Edit: Okay, he tried to "land" on the ice and is unable, that's what is causing the bug. I bet swans also suffer from this bug.

--- End quote ---

I have hard time following this report, or trying to pinpoint the bug suspicion. Could you clarify a bit... so I get there was a mallard that didn't move at all, right? But then it did move eventually, or what happened when he tried to land on the ice? If the weird condition is still on there, save the game and send it over to me. However, animals staying at the same area for a long time is not a bug. But if the bird was able to fly (not injured), it really shouldn't sit still for days on end.

Nydxz:
Sorry for not making it clear, the Mallard was on the fly sprite above the ice, but he didn't move for about 3 days ingame, I got puzzled because of that and so I moved and broke the ice tile below him, once I broke it he started moving again (fleeing from me) a day or so later, I saw him again frozen at the middle of the river, for a day he stayed there and then I broke the ice below him once again.
 What I said about he "trying to land" would be the AI trying to land and entering in a loop of sorts, that's what I think that happened since I broke the ice.
 Unfortunately, I don't think I have a save with the problem happening, but, if you want I can give you the save from the char with who it happened, maybe it will happen again in the near future, that save just entered winter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version