Topic: Your raft is overloaded at only 500 lbs  (Read 6937 times)

bromide

« on: August 04, 2018, 04:13:54 AM »
This is in 3.51

I have 530 lbs of items which I'm trying to move by raft, but it gives the message "Your raft is overloaded and won't move until you ease the load."

I have some tree trunks nearby, weighing 3.000 lbs, which the raft will move without any problem.

My items are mostly small things (74 stacks) so maybe the raft has a limit on number of items? Is that expected, or should be reported as a bug?

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 04:27:25 AM »
My guess is you are right, I remember a similar message in the past if you over loaded beasts. Not by weight but by number of different items (count).
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

bromide

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 04:43:33 AM »
Looks like 39 stacks is the most the raft will carry

PALU

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 02:39:51 PM »
Yes, there a limit to the number of stacks for animals/companions, crafts, and the PC. The PC limit is higher than the others, though, so I load up my cow of burden with the heavies stacks, while having my character take the many light ones (and I employ the same method with the dog after killing a Njerp).

bromide

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 05:03:00 PM »
Is the limit the same for everything besides PC, or might the punt have an higher limit?

Andre

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2018, 05:05:08 PM »
If anything it would be a lower limit, considering it has a lower weight limit.

Privateer

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 06:21:09 PM »
Is the limit the same for everything besides PC, or might the punt have an higher limit?

If I recall correctly, a punt can carry more.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Shadowdweller

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2018, 11:52:59 PM »

Raft carries more.  Punt is lighter.

Privateer

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2018, 02:25:27 AM »

Raft carries more.  Punt is lighter.

You are correct;
"3.17 stable version
- added: watercraft capacity restrictions

You can transport either 40 different item stacks or 200 times the
weight of your watercraft. If your punt/raft is overloaded you
can't row it and notification about it will be displayed.
(Weight restriction is far from realistic, but we need to allow
transporting logs with watercrafts until floating timber is
implemented."
Mods:

anything