Topic: How to hunt seals?  (Read 21993 times)

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2017, 07:06:26 AM »
I know that if they bleed out underwater, you can find their corpse floating not too far away.

I killed a seal by hitting it with a broadhead arrow from a treeline while it was sunning itself on a little rocky outcrop offshore. It dove into the water, and I went back to camp to get my raft. When I got back, I searched the waters and found its corpse floating maybe a hundred meters or so to the north. That's the only seal I've ever killed though.

Roheline

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2018, 10:43:46 PM »
I'm starting to wonder if my particular game map failed some check in seal generation. I'm playing a seal tribe character and I've been up and down most of the seal tribe to Driik coast multiple times, with nothing sighted on either zoomed out or zoomed in maps or in a boat!

Have you guys managed to spot them walking along rocky shorelines while zoomed out? Or is it just random chance to zoom in on the right rock? Should I be going back in a boat to visit islands farther out?

koteko

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2018, 11:17:55 PM »
It can be incredibly annoying, but you'll see them eventually, even zoomed out :)

How's your eyesight? I believe you spot creatures more often if you have high eyesight.

You can also try to set a single bear trap or trap pit every 10 or 20 map tiles along the coast, and cycle through those over time. You might get lucky and have a seal inside, or you may see some on the way.

PALU

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2018, 11:21:07 PM »
I've seen them while walking along the coast zoomed out, as well as traveling on water while zoomed out. They seem to have favorite spots, though, so if you can find those you may have a chance to find groups there repeatedly.

anything