Topic: Eastern wilderness  (Read 6795 times)

MigrantWorker

« on: July 08, 2018, 10:17:24 PM »
I have just started a new character and I am planning to eventually settle somewhere in the big uninhabited region east of Kaumo: set up a farm, perhaps keep some animals, do some hunting/trapping in the winter and then take a pile of furs and dried meat and sell it. Has anyone on the forum tried this before? Is the gameplay different in any substantial way, except of the obvious isolation - or are there still some vagabond settlements there?

caius

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 11:57:37 PM »
I've toyed with this idea too, but never executed it other than some long-distance exploration and hunting.  Has anyone tried this?

There aren't any vagabond villages I've even found to the east.  I don't know about traders or wandering robbers or Njerpezti.

MigrantWorker

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 12:17:07 PM »
Thank you. Just to be sure, the wild plants/animals were still available?

Shame about the lack of villages, an occasional quest would be nice to break the routine.

Privateer

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 07:41:27 PM »
 I went through a period of time "in game play" where I didn't want to be around any people. Just a peaceful hermit, either starting as far East as I can or migrating immediately to the East.

From what I found, animals and plants are about the same. No NPC villages/settlements, traders did show up eventually at one survivor's area. One survivor had his shelter and few possessions taken over by robbers.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

MigrantWorker

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 04:35:52 PM »
From what I found, animals and plants are about the same. No NPC villages/settlements, traders did show up eventually at one survivor's area. One survivor had his shelter and few possessions taken over by robbers.

Thank you. From what you say, it is a workable idea.

Losing the settlement to a robber raid did not happen to any of my characters yet. In your experience, does it happen with any regularity or were you just very unlucky?

Privateer

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 07:22:07 PM »

Losing the settlement to a robber raid did not happen to any of my characters yet. In your experience, does it happen with any regularity or were you just very unlucky?

I think there was something specific to that shelter area, there was a great deal of shallow water surrounding the point on which I settled.
The base was actually attacked unsuccessfully twice, the criminals waded across the water and attacked from wading. The third attack came while I slept, I lost and was dropped some distance away. I recovered and resupplied then launched a counter attack from a boat. They were still there and I didn't survive.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

shorun

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 04:29:46 AM »

I think there was something specific to that shelter area, there was a great deal of shallow water surrounding the point on which I settled.
The base was actually attacked unsuccessfully twice, the criminals waded across the water and attacked from wading. The third attack came while I slept, I lost and was dropped some distance away. I recovered and resupplied then launched a counter attack from a boat. They were still there and I didn't survive.

intresting... can you describe the region more? and was it a shelter or a cabin? did you manage to retake it?

PALU

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 08:18:06 AM »

intresting... can you describe the region more? and was it a shelter or a cabin? did you manage to retake it?
"They were still there and I didn't survive." indicates the answer to the last question is "No".

shorun

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 08:49:29 AM »
can you describe the region more? did you get frequent animal visits?

i'm asking because i get a LOT of animal visitors in my current location, this is the first time i had this, so if njerps or robbers follow the same routes then that means it's a matter of time till i get a visit myself.

anything