Topic: Suggestion for the upcoming Trophies  (Read 8788 times)

codyo

« on: July 28, 2017, 06:06:37 PM »
As trophies are in the next release... one thing I am really really hoping for is having exact animal sizes to animal descriptions, and/or for the bones/skulls you get from them.
It would be cool story wise, to walk into my cabin on a cold winter night and see a large bear skull in the corner, and reflect on the time I beaten such a large dangerous bear.
e.g. (examining a bear) This is a huge male bear! He stands at 6ft (1.8m) tall at the shoulder.
 You've harvested a 18 inch skull from the bear!
The same for antlers, I'd want to show off the number of the points that I have on the antlers I harvest (the individual horns on an antler for those unfamiliar with the term).
You take a 15 point set of antlers from the Stag corpse.
The same can be given to fish, make them variable in weight or length... So people can dream about "catching the big one" in the game.

I think adding some flavorful descriptions like this would help towards community involvement too and story sharing.
This way everybody can show off who got the biggest stag/bear/pike and so on ;)

Update:
If more specific size descriptions are added to animals, this should mean variable skins size and butchered meat amounts too. But for the purpose of this suggestion it doesn't have to go this far yet.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 06:35:01 PM by codyo »

PALU

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 06:18:22 PM »
I find those suggestions reasonable (although not necessarily my top priority ones), with the exception of fish: until such a time that you can either smoke/dry different species/sizes of fish together, or you smoke "cuts" (i.e. fillets) that have a standard size, individual sized fish would be a processing nightmare (it' already one of the reasons I don't do much fishing with my characters, because it's hard to get full batches of any species even in winter).

codyo

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 06:23:37 PM »
I find those suggestions reasonable (although not necessarily my top priority ones), with the exception of fish: until such a time that you can either smoke/dry different species/sizes of fish together, or you smoke "cuts" (i.e. fillets) that have a standard size, individual sized fish would be a processing nightmare (it' already one of the reasons I don't do much fishing with my characters, because it's hard to get full batches of any species even in winter).

I really like the fillet idea for fish. This way you can still catch a big a fish and bulk cook the butchered products.