Topic: The same fatigue mechanics should apply to everyone.  (Read 4258 times)

WereFrog

« on: June 28, 2018, 06:27:02 PM »
Bit of a rant, I have to admit, but I had a very frustrating episode involving robbers and snow just now. It seemed that while I was getting fatigued and slowed down going through the snow, they were legolas'ing it over the snow and quickly caught me. Since they weren't wearing skis (I checked) and my character was fairly lightly loaded and, importantly, has nearly max speed, I feel I should've been able to escape them.

PALU

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 06:55:44 PM »
Yes, it's annoying.

The problem is that fixing it properly would mean teaching the NPCs to use skis (including when not to), as well as to wield/unwield the ski staff. Also, hirelings without skis would not keep up with your character (congratulations: you're going to have to make skis for everyone!).
I think the current situation is better than NPCs being easy targets because they're not using skis, which would be the "easy" solution. In the long term yes, NPCs ought to learn how to ski and be subjected to the snow fatigue influence as well.

shorun

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 02:05:54 AM »
Yes, it's annoying.

The problem is that fixing it properly would mean teaching the NPCs to use skis (including when not to), as well as to wield/unwield the ski staff. Also, hirelings without skis would not keep up with your character (congratulations: you're going to have to make skis for everyone!).
I think the current situation is better than NPCs being easy targets because they're not using skis, which would be the "easy" solution. In the long term yes, NPCs ought to learn how to ski and be subjected to the snow fatigue influence as well.

if someone is dumb enough to get out into waist deep snow and not bring ski's, he earns it.

in winter, less human npc's in the wild, but they should all have ski's.

every npc needs to get the same penalty.

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 12:59:04 AM »
I agree, life is unfair for the player now.  I don't mind difficulty, but it must be fair.

anything