Topic: [Fixed - persists in 3.72.2] carrying too much but only 31 items in my inventory  (Read 4235 times)

Plotinus

« on: February 25, 2023, 06:03:37 PM »
Earlier, while eating, not at the usual time (8am), I got the message that i was carrying too much, and it dropped the lake reeds that I was eating, even though I only had 32 items in my inventory. I couldn't pick them back up unless I dropped something, so I dropped my rocks and picked the lake reeds back up. I continued my life for a little while, with 31 items in my inenvotry, but then I got the message again, and now I only have 30 items and can't pick up my lake reeds again.

I am used to the inventory being much bigger than that, closer to 90 items. I can provide a save. It is my character Reko.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 07:12:38 PM by Sami »

Tinker

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2023, 09:23:05 PM »
I have noticed the same, or a similar problem since the last update. I am constantly dropping item, often food which instantly turns to spoiled even if I just killed and cooked it. I can however pick up whatever was dropped carry on for some hours, I will make a save next time it happens in case it is needed,

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 03:33:07 PM »
Indeed inventory should be bigger than 30 or so items.
Plotinus, feel free to send the savegame. And Tinker also, if you manage to get the bugged condition trigger again, the save would help a lot.
Thanks. There are no changes to inventory handling in the latest release(s) so it's a puzzling condition to start with, but we'll see how it goes.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Tinker

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 03:48:39 PM »
I have upped my inventy to 50 or so items, I will save and send if it reoccurs.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2023, 07:12:15 PM »
The issue found and fixed.

It was about inventory slot usage tags not being cleaned often enough.
The interval had gotten changed when we fixed the issue with random stuff appearing in inventory after rod fishing when a bait was used all up.

This isn't necessarily an issue that too many characters will encounter, but as a manual remedy (before the next version is out) try manually dropping an item or two
- that should clean up inventory tags. After that, you should be able to pick things up to normal amount.

Fixed - persists in 3.72.2
- Sami | UnReal World creator