UnReal World > Gameplay questions

Wolves! Help!

<< < (2/2)

Dungeon Smash:
I've had numerous characters killed by wolves.  My first was a female, she was going with her dog to get water, zoomed in on the map... boom, wolves.  She saw one up ahead, unleashed the dog and tried to back away.... a second, unseen wolf grabbed her by the shoulder from behind, pulled her to the ground, and bit her throat out.

Second character was a well-armed Northern tribesman, doing the "Wounded adventurer" quest.  After some searching, he found the bloody shelter, and the lone wolf was still lurking nearby.  It looked wounded, so he thought maybe he could take it.  He threw one javelin, wounding it, and the wolf ran over.  On the first hit, it ripped open his abdomen and spilled his guts everywhere, killing him.

Edico:
I agree with the anti wolf sentiments.  On my characters that are well geared and highly skilled in combat, I generally don't fear going against anything too much....except wolves.  They're the only things in game that don't have absolute crap ai in combat.

Shadowdweller:
Wolves are amongst the most dangerous enemies in the game.  They can easily instakill you if they get you from behind.  Best way IMO to hunt them is to use ranged weapons from a raft or punt away from the shore if they're near water.  Or set traps along the periphery of their territory if they're not.  Always presume there are several around...so even once you catch one in a trap you'll want to scout around a bit (very carefully); then kill the trapped wolf with thrown rocks or other weapons; then drag the carcass somewhere safe to skin and butcher.  Fortunately wolf corpses aren't too heavy.  Wolves respond quite well to meat bait.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version