Topic: Impossible quest  (Read 18896 times)

trento007

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2018, 10:42:06 PM »
Before 3.5 I have had this quest offered to me once during winter season and the herb I was sent to gather was completely wilted in every location I found it at, and I did go immediately. While most times I've done this quest it provided no problems that time I do not see how I was supposed to gather the herbs when there was no usable parts left, besides having the foresight to stockpile herbs in anticipation of the quest. Excuse me as I don't remember what type it was exactly, although I think it was Heather.

There is some possibility I am wrong but I am doubtful, I remember being a little upset that I was unable to finish this quest, and I remember it being snowy. And it is unlike me to not attempt quests immediately. Looking at my msglog seems to suggest that I did go straight from a village to begin identifying herbs, that it was already snowy, and that I was indeed looking for heather, of which was all withered. Most of my actions previous were me killing a few njerps, hunting a few elks, building some stuff at my home, and the few villages I went to even before that I did not seem to have any inclination to identify herbs after visiting said villages.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 11:11:22 PM by trento007 »

PALU

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2018, 08:51:03 AM »
Heather is probably a particular, buggy, case, because heather can be "harvested" after flowering, but threshing it yields nothing. See https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=1076.0.

The only one who'll help you "identifying" herbs is the quest giver, who'd do so by accepting the correct one only and reject everything else.