Topic: Does fur spoil?  (Read 10734 times)

Bärentill

« on: July 25, 2017, 02:45:19 PM »
To find out how fast something spoils it is advisable to observe how many item stacks are formed out of the same kind of stuff. I did this and found out that meat and fish spoiled very fast and that turnips and broad beans (almost?) didn't spoil (surprise!).

But it was weird when I noticed that furs of the same kind regularly form new stacks. That's why I have to ask: Does fur spoil?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 02:49:46 PM by Bärentill »

PALU

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 05:21:09 PM »
Furs do not decay, but hides being process do, if not processed in a timely manner.

What you've seen, though, is probably that there is a difference between winter and summer furs (and there may be two additional modifiers as well). The next UrW version will make a distinction between the names of winter and summer version to make it clear (not only is winter fur more valuable, but it's rather annoying to have traders want your fine stag fur and a hare fur, and then demand more on top of that because he actually wanted the *winter* one).

Bärentill

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 11:50:56 PM »
In which version were the summer and winter furs introduced? I've made my observation in version 3.32.

Privateer

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 01:48:39 AM »
In which version were the summer and winter furs introduced? I've made my observation in version 3.32.

Rev next past 3.40
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

JEB Davis

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 04:25:32 AM »
Possibly to clarify:
The next version past 3.40 will give us differentiated names for summer & winter furs.
However, they have existed in-game for (?) many versions previous to 3.40, I have no idea
when the difference was introduced.

Bärentill

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 11:12:06 AM »
Thank you. This might be the reason.

codyo

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 06:21:18 AM »
Haven't winter furs have just been better quality by default than summer ones? I noticed in previous versions that I'd get a lot of harsh furs in summer with better ones in winter. Or perhaps that's just coincidence.

PALU

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 09:59:00 AM »
Well, if you start the game in summer, your hideworking skill will be lower in summer during the winter, and hence you'd get a better outcome in the winter. The quality of the result of the skin making process is not dependent on the type of skin used, only on skill, input material quality, tools, and RNGs. The discussion concerns skin of the same quality (thus having an identical name), not various qualities.
Winter fur and summer fur are distinct in the game with the winter versions being more valuable due to having a thicker pelt, but it's currently not possible to distinguish between them apart from dividing them into like quality stacks and use trading to find out which stack is the most valuable one.