Topic: [3.82] Community Mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing and  (Read 9213 times)

GrimmSpector

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2024, 11:40:06 PM »
So nice to see you still in the community Brygun! I want to try the new Beta but I don't want to lose BAC! I'll have to wait until someone is able to update it.

Stankman

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2024, 02:36:43 AM »
Hi all! Great work on this!

Is there any word of if this works (or if there is development towards) support of v3.83?

Thanks!

Jussi

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2024, 10:54:09 AM »
Most of it still works. The only conflict I've seen so far is that the new hafting menu (H) key is now overlapping with the BAC mod's Hide and Bone menu key, but that can be quite easily fixed by modifying the menudef_BAC.txt file yourself.

And - of course - the built-in hafting functionality now overlaps with the mod's toolmaking in general. The BAC's approach for tool building it a bit more complex than UrW's mechanic, so I think BAC should need to be simplified a bit or remove hafting from BAC altogether and let UrW handle it for you.

Also, BAC's axe heads and hafts are probably not compatible with UrW's built-in counterparts, so you can't use a BAC-made axe head and attach a haft using UrW's hafting functionality.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 03:46:43 PM by Jussi »

masataka90

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2024, 12:17:09 PM »
Bone arrowheads are not being detected.

Steps I made:
Made bone arrowhead from + >> Arrows >> 5) Bone Arrowhead.
Got 1 arrowhead and 7 inferior arrowheads
Made shafts.
Got 3 inf and 2 decent.
Tried to make arrows by + >> Arrows >> Arrow
No arrowheads in the list.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2024, 06:35:39 PM »
The make arrow recipe looks for vanilla arrowheads that are in the weapons category.
BAC arrowheads go in the Tools category.

It’s something that we, as the community need to think of: if we want to keep duplicate fletching options or convert BAC recipes to follow vanilla fletching. Some recipes from BAC would be lost, so there’s the downside.

masataka90

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2024, 08:10:57 PM »
The make arrow recipe looks for vanilla arrowheads that are in the weapons category.
BAC arrowheads go in the Tools category.

It’s something that we, as the community need to think of: if we want to keep duplicate fletching options or convert BAC recipes to follow vanilla fletching. Some recipes from BAC would be lost, so there’s the downside.

I'm not seeing any arrowheads in the Toolmaking category.

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2024, 12:52:22 AM »
Not tool making. In inventory, under Tools.
You could try to press Tab, then T (for Tools category), then select the arrowhead. Depending what the base item is on the BAC arrowhead recipe, it might work. Might not.

masataka90

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2024, 01:07:28 PM »
Getting reindeer backstrap from a skinned carcass doesn't work in 3.83.

Tried this on a big forest reindeer stag carcass (skinned).

Hello Birdy

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2024, 01:44:54 AM »
Most of it still works. The only conflict I've seen so far is that the new hafting menu (H) key is now overlapping with the BAC mod's Hide and Bone menu key, but that can be quite easily fixed by modifying the menudef_BAC.txt file yourself.

And - of course - the built-in hafting functionality now overlaps with the mod's toolmaking in general. The BAC's approach for tool building it a bit more complex than UrW's mechanic, so I think BAC should need to be simplified a bit or remove hafting from BAC altogether and let UrW handle it for you.

Also, BAC's axe heads and hafts are probably not compatible with UrW's built-in counterparts, so you can't use a BAC-made axe head and attach a haft using UrW's hafting functionality.

Yes, easily fixed you say... and then proceed not to tell anyone how to do it.

Plotinus

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2024, 12:28:13 PM »
add a // at the beginning of the relevant line in the menudef_BAC.txt where you see
Code: [Select]
.Hide and Bone.     -H- *MAKE* . It will look like
Code: [Select]
// .Hide and Bone.   -H- *MAKE*. This will comment that lien out.

or change the -H- to a different letter, for example a menu you don't really use, for example F. Then comment the other line with that letter out by adding a // at the start.

Namu

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2024, 04:16:52 PM »
.Half log.랑 .Quarter log.의 "Base item"이 "Log"로 되어있더라고.

그러면 서로를 무한히 복제할 수 있는 문제가 있어. 예를 들어 log를 쪼개 half log를 2개 만들면 log를 소모하는데, 만들어진 2개의 half log도 log니까.

난 일단 Base item을 "Arrow shaft"로 두고 하고 있어.

stormwolf442

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2024, 06:23:08 PM »
Bringing up the crafting menu for Hide and Bone seems to only allow me to haft and unhaft my weapons and tools, I assume it's because of the newest update?

JP_Finn

• Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2024, 11:47:50 PM »
Bringing up the crafting menu for Hide and Bone seems to only allow me to haft and unhaft my weapons and tools, I assume it's because of the newest update?
Correct. menudef_BAC.txt has to be amended: .Hide and Bone. -H- *MAKE* won’t be read as the Hafting is hardcoded to use -H-instead. You can change the .Hide and Bone. -Y- *MAKE* or any other available letter. I don’t have BAC installed on the newest release (easier to separate bugs&glitches). So can’t verify what letters are unused.

anything