UnReal World > Mod Releases

[3.70] URW sufficiency mod

(1/16) > >>

caethan:
Hi all, I've been working on a new sufficiency mod to add some helpful recipes for living in the wilds.  It's available on github at https://github.com/caethan/urw-sufficiency - just click the green "clone or download" button and download as a zip file.  It does write over some existing files (the encyclopedia and diy_glossary.txt) so it may not be compatible with all other mods.

A detailed description can be seen at the link, but it adds some basic ironworking and stone mining, adds a low-quality primitive cord recipe, new birch-bark crafting recipes, well-digging and road-building, some new simple recipes (drying berries/mushrooms, rendering fat, and baking hard biscuits).  There's some other stuff planned --- in particular spinning & weaving.  The new flax plant is in and available for planting, but nothing can be done with it other than eating its very nutritious seeds.

Feedback is appreciated; there's a list of issues there for things that I'd like to do in the future.

koteko:
@caethan cool that you introduced flax! I can see why it wasn't included in the original game together with nettle and hemp: its nutrition is crazy high :P

How accurate are the other values you chose for it?

caethan:
Wild guesses, mostly!  I pulled the nutrition values from Wikipedia for flaxseed, which really is very nutritious.  I should probably bump down the size/amount of seeds produced just to prevent it from being overpowered.  At some point I plan to introduce linen-making from flax, but that may be a ways off.

Kerlysis:
really liking this. running into a few smithing problems, tho, with an item popping out improperly tagged/misnamed for further steps in crafting(shovel head/blade), and items requiring stuff that can only be crafted with materials you need the item to craft. so far nothing that couldn't be fixed by a few moments altering the text files.

do you like suggestions or nah? i know people either love em or hate em, and it's your time

caethan:
Please do with suggestions, especially if you've had to make some fixes to things.  Haven't done a whole lot of playtesting of the smithing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version