Topic: Random little additions...  (Read 19203 times)

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« on: July 02, 2017, 08:09:25 PM »
Summer days are truly different. Oh how easily one can end up being carried away with all sorts of recreational activities and events. But I'm frequenting the coding chambers as well,  especially on rainy days :) -- and now, instead of organized update post, here's a completely random bunch of few small additions to expect in the next patch:

- added: skinned/cut/burnt carcass coloring

Skinned carcasses now appear in fleshy red color.
        Cut or eaten carcasses appear dark reddish, and burnt carcasses blackish depending on the cut/burn degree.

- added: BUTCHER_CONFIRMATION configuration option

If the option is enabled a confirmation prompt appears if you try to butcher a carcass before skinning it.
        This is to avoid accidentally cutting up the whole carcass and losing the skin.

To enable the option add the following line to urw_ini.txt setup file in your installation folder:
        [BUTCHER_CONFIRMATION:YES]

- added: SPEND_DELAY_ADD configuration option

This option can be used to slow down all the time consuming actions if you find the game turns running too fast for your taste
        during the time spending dialog. The given value is in milliseconds adding that much more delay for each game turn.
        Good value to try slowin things down a bit would be 10 and nobody wants to go for more than 100.

To use eg. 10 millisecond custom delay add the following line to urw_ini.txt setup file in your installation folder:
        [SPEND_DELAY_ADD:10]

- added: winter skin/fur descriptor

And as we know winter furs are more valuable, and it's been like that for a long time. Now there's finally
        also an indication of wintertime furs and skins within the item description.
        For example:
        "Fine winter fox fur" or "Poor winter bear-skin"

- renewed & optimized: drawing of rain and snowfall

Previously rain and snowfall were drawn in putpixel fashion which was a speed issue on some systems.
        Now rain and snowfall presented by tile graphics, with improved look and fast rendering.

- added: redrawn 8 directional tiles for watercrafts

Both punt and raft now appear bigger and prettier in completely redrawn fashion. Credits for these tiles goes to Paulo Spinola.
        Watercraft tile direction changes based on the last actually rowed direction.

- Sami | UnReal World creator

JEB Davis

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 01:34:28 AM »
Bravo!!!
 :)

Privateer

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 02:17:57 AM »

And as we know winter furs are more valuable, and it's been like that for a long time. Now there's finally
        For example:

It would be neat if I could trade xx lbs of Fine winter bear-skin to a craftsman (expanding on npc interaction/dialog) and return in some time to pay/pick up my new set of Masterwork Bear-skin cloth(s).
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Seddrik

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 04:44:58 PM »
Very nice.  Love seeing progress!

I play and my three sons play this game.  : )

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 02:12:50 AM »
Love the new boat tiles! and Thank You for optimizing the rain/snow effects!!!

codyo

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 02:29:38 AM »
So on the Cubs upcoming update. Are baby animals exclusive to only wild ones then? Is it far off still for raising your own farm animals from birth?

Privateer

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 02:43:32 AM »
Quote from: Sami
Cubs and calves have been added for relevant wild animal species eg. elks, bears, reindeer, hares etc.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Silenia

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 10:37:19 PM »

For example:

Any chance the same could be done for Kaumo furs?  :)

Mati256

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 04:53:13 AM »
I don't think kaumo furs are any different than other regular skins. Except for that one task in the tutorial.
By the way, that is the task I have been stuck in for a while because its winter and I usually travel in summer.

Puella14

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 11:31:11 PM »
All of these "little" additions aren't even that little and they all excite me for the next update. Wuhu  ;D ;D

anything