Topic: sudden Njerpez invasion?  (Read 4313 times)

aat

« on: May 23, 2018, 03:15:57 AM »
My character has been living in the southern part of the owl-tribe region since the start of summer.
Never had any encounters or even sights of Njerpez during the good season.... but now seems that they are coming out of the walls trees

The first snows are just beginning, and I've been having encounters with Njerpez almost every day now. Even more than one per day! My kill count is now at 7-8 (even managed to make a sleep kill), just in a few days.

I find them roaming not far from my shelter, already inside the owl tribe territory. Always one man parties. I attack them hoping they carry some food, but they seem always poorly equipped, with little food with them, if any.

Is this normal? Are the Njerpez starting a one by one invasion on the Owl-tribe?
I'm not in good terms with spirits, because of too much small game hunting. Is it possible that they are cursing me with Njerpez incursions so close to my dwellings??

caius

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 05:03:43 AM »
I've had a very similar experience with a character living in the Kiesse territory.  See "He was in my cabin!" https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=1184.0

I was encountering lone Njerpez all the time just like you describe.  One made it through my trap fence and attacked me in my cabin at night when I was unarmed and unarmored.  Be careful!

PALU

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 08:24:15 AM »
Njerps outside of their territory are always single warriors (although I've once encountered a second single warrior during or immediately after a fight with the first one).
Njerp war camps should exist outside of their territory, but I'm not aware of anyone reporting actually seeing them in modern UrW versions, apart from the one tied to the escaping slave starting scenario.

I've certainly had Njerps "visit" my characters' homesteads, and I've found they don't have any problems passing trap lines as they just disable the traps.

anything