Topic: Combat Training Dummies v3.5 (Kalma's Revenge module)  (Read 26837 times)

Privateer

« on: May 15, 2018, 01:34:05 AM »
********NOTE: You have to be logged in to see the downloads*************

** ! Warning !
** This mod may not be suited for everyone.
** The topics are a bit gruesome by URW standards.
** This mod creates standing size training dummies
** You can now train your weapon combat skills
** without throwing your weapon
** Gather the pieces, enlist the help of a goddess
** and Build your own weapon skill dummy
** Download is currently available below

Kalma
The Finnish goddess of death and decay
Her name meaning "The Stench of Corpses"
Her favorite places to linger are graveyards and cemeteries;
Some say that she moves on a vehicle of odors, much like a puff of smoke.

Kalma has tried many times before to tempt the peoples of the UnReal World,
It seemed that the blessings she had offered in exchange, for a
few mere corpses, fell short of of tempting their morality.

She decided instead to enlist the Njerpez as surely she could tempt the army she needed.
So she left the UnReal world for peoples of the East. Slowly her hatred of these people grew
over time. Even their sacrifices were few and pathetic, if only there were something she could
offer that might tempt the peoples of the UnReal World. She would use them to exact her revenge.

Long she pondered until this day, the day UnReal World itself changed.
This new world now allowed her to offer a great prize.
One that any true warriors could not pass by.
Surely now the living would line up to send her the dead!

Now she must fine tune her plan before swaying the peoples.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It now appears that corrupted souls under the promise of great strength, are now in league and
helping Kalma put all the "pieces" of her plan into reality.

Kalma is confident that her plan will deal so harsh a blow to the Njerpez that soon
all the missed offerings will be a distant memory, as may soon be the Njerpez peoples.

Kalma is making an open offering to a few elite warriors, to accept her blessing (early) to be sure that nothing in her plan has been mislaid.
The path to her blessing is long and covered in blood, but if you think are up to the challenge of feeding a God, please contact this mortal.

*NOTE* I've included both the dummies so you can decide for yourselves if you play it.
Dummy A is used by default (less gore) and is dummy1.png
Dummy B is also in the download (not used by default) and is dummy2.png
Which ever one is named "dummy1.png" will be used by the mod.

ADDED: I've added a download of the trainer published in "The Finn's Wilderness Living Mod" which doesn't contain all the hubbub and killing.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 08:55:35 PM by Privateer »
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

caethan

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 04:46:45 PM »
It looks like the dummy crafting still uses RITUAL - hasn't that been removed in 3.5?  Does that mean everything just defaults back to COMMON if the skill no longer exists?

Privateer

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 06:39:26 PM »
Thank you, this is now resolved to common.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 07:31:05 PM by Privateer »
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

davidor

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 12:47:58 PM »
Doesn't matter. If I recall correctly everything incorrect will use default *COMMON*
e.g. *cooking* or *RITUAL* or *common*

Privateer

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 05:03:34 PM »
You are right... No matter how hard you try you can't level up imaginary skills and common is used. ;)
Mods:

PALU

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 07:42:02 PM »
Which can't be leveled up either...

DemAvalon

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 12:43:29 AM »
Is there a way to change the need to actually hold the body of a Njerpez to just having it nearby? My character can't lift it (it's too heavy) and I rather not starve myself to be able to butcher him (I heard that butchering humans really upsets the spirits), also is there any other way to decrease the weight of a human? (I don't have dogs, so I can't have them starve and eat a bit of the body)

Privateer

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 02:11:45 AM »
Is there a way to change the need to actually hold the body of a Njerpez to just having it nearby? My character can't lift it (it's too heavy) and I rather not starve myself to be able to butcher him (I heard that butchering humans really upsets the spirits), also is there any other way to decrease the weight of a human? (I don't have dogs, so I can't have them starve and eat a bit of the body)

You can of course change to code to work however you'd like. In order to consume the carcass (one of my intentions) you have to be holding them, they can not be targeted from the floor.
Mods:

DemAvalon

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 02:27:48 AM »
Ok, I will just change the code to not use anything or something common (because I don't really know how to make it need something nearby) and just burn the bodies after getting the needed part.

Privateer

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 02:50:07 AM »
Ok, I will just change the code to not use anything or something common (because I don't really know how to make it need something nearby) and just burn the bodies after getting the needed part.

That should work fine, or use nothing at all. This parameter [ground] will allow use from the floor, however it doesn't work with carcasses.
The dummies are more important than the "story" I tried to wrap them in  ;)

Merely placing double slashes in front of an ingredient will skip it;
\\
Have fun

Mods:

PALU

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 01:27:20 PM »
Apart from dogs, raven can eat from carcasses, but it doesn't happen often, so there's a high probability you'd get the body decaying directly into bones instead.

Roman Lodestar

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 10:38:48 PM »
This version has something changed? I still have the previous version but I'd like to know if something was updated, also how could I change the learning rate to level up a skill in training sessions? I'd prefer to raise my skills faster since grinding really takes a toll of my patience.

Privateer

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 11:41:42 PM »
This version has something changed? I still have the previous version but I'd like to know if something was updated, also how could I change the learning rate to level up a skill in training sessions? I'd prefer to raise my skills faster since grinding really takes a toll of my patience.

//Version update to v3.5 to sync with game
// Replaced Ritual skill with common for tasks

No other mechanical changes in this version.

The section; [SUBMENU_START:Combat] contains the training tasks.
Each task has the parameter |1| on the top line. This is the rate of gain OR gain checking.
Valid options are |-2| to |2|  minimum chance to maximum chance.

Mods:

d2shr6o8av

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2018, 07:57:04 PM »
I have a 500 lb "collect your reward" item. What's the next step?
Hoarder of hungry dogs.

Privateer

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2018, 08:41:09 PM »
I have a 500 lb "collect your reward" item. What's the next step?

Do you have "dummy" item?

"Collect your reward" task consumes a "Kalma`s devotion" you then select the type of "Weapon skill dummy" you want to make
which consumes the "dummy" item.
 Failing to have all the parts OR forgoing selecting one of the weapon skills will produce the worthless
item named "collect your reward".

« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 09:46:41 PM by Privateer »
Mods:

anything