3 (25%)
Kill mummy and the baby
3 (25%)
Let them go
5 (41.7%)
Kill just the baby (you monster)
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Topic: Mercy for Elk mummy?  (Read 4936 times)

Mr Wendal

« on: March 09, 2021, 10:41:51 AM »

I shot the mommy in the leg, then saw the calf. Now my character is having a crisis of conscience. What would you do?

trowftd

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 11:29:03 AM »
It would be very hard for the mother to survive with an injured leg anyway, you gotta do what you gotta do man. :'(

Mr Wendal

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 02:35:52 PM »
Only a very minor wound, she should be OK

PALU

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 04:08:14 PM »
Mummies that are moving about are generally deadly, evil threats, and so have to be eliminated. Babies are generally not forces of extreme evil :P

I would guess the calf is old enough to survive on its own, and you'll probably get enough meat from the adult to satisfy your needs, so I'd take the adult only (and hope to get the calf as a larger young elk next year).

Privateer

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 06:45:44 PM »
 Well I'd let them go because to even have the thought, you're obviously not starving or possibly even 'slightly' strapped for food.
I've found myself releasing many more trapped animals since the change in smoking.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Plotinus

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 07:47:55 PM »
If I'm starving I'll take whatever I manage to kill first. If I have enough food then I often let mother-calf pairs go, unless they're in my traps. Animals heal pretty well in this game, unless there's a predator around to chase them I guess.

JP_Finn

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2021, 08:25:30 PM »
Well I'd let them go because to even have the thought, you're obviously not starving or possibly even 'slightly' strapped for food.
I've found myself releasing many more trapped animals since the change in smoking.

I release all waterfowl from loop snares the same. As waterfowl are/were able to pass messages to/from the dead. Tuonenvirta, Tuoni’s River, where dead souls would travel. Waterfowl reaching down with their necks.

Those same mallards, tufted ducks would be found dead floating in the bay, when going fishing.  That’s because “once trapped, the creature will die”... which was to stop folks from skill grinding dodge and blocking on trapped elk. Now we can’t release animals back into the wild. Even uninjured ones like any caught in loop snare will die shortly after.

Shame really.

(Btw, British spelling is ... unfortunate ...)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 08:28:03 PM by JP_Finn »

Mr Wendal

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2021, 11:21:23 PM »
Those same mallards, tufted ducks would be found dead floating in the bay, when going fishing.  That’s because “once trapped, the creature will die”...

Really? I've let trapped young / small birds go before, haven't found any of them dead.

JP_Finn

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2021, 04:31:40 PM »
Yes indeed. Discussed here

Upland birds might be not obvious, as they‘ll fall down dead in the woods, water fowl is pretty easy to see as there’s not much obstacles on water.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 05:15:56 PM by JP_Finn »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2021, 11:30:37 AM »
Yes indeed. Discussed here

Upland birds might be not obvious, as they‘ll fall down dead in the woods, water fowl is pretty easy to see as there’s not much obstacles on water.

Animals freed from traps indeed seem to perish as mistakenly still considered trapped. This isn't intentional though and only time actually spent trapped should matter, but the calculations seem to fail most of the time. It's something pending to be fixed.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything