UnReal World > General Discussion

Migration?

(1/2) > >>

JEB Davis:
What will be migrated from the old forum to the new one?

Is this something done as a batch, or selectively, or what?

There is a lot of priceless content that should not be lost.

Erkka:
Since the old forums are hosted on a site funded by advertisements, I think they will remain there for archival reasons, so no old contet will be lost in the foreseeable future.

We've been thinking about what would need to be migrated, and how to best handle it. And settled for the most simple solution: A fresh start  :)

Selected posts, like guides and tutorials, can be manually copypasted to the new forums.

Blxz:
So ad free from here on out? I do like the sound of that. Isn't that likely to be some sort of a financial burden though?

In an unrelated note, how much do forums like this cost to run anyway? Is there a ballpark figure?

Sami:

--- Quote from: Blxz on May 07, 2017, 02:09:43 AM ---So ad free from here on out? I do like the sound of that. Isn't that likely to be some sort of a financial burden though?

In an unrelated note, how much do forums like this cost to run anyway? Is there a ballpark figure?

--- End quote ---

Yes, ad free we'll be. It's not super expensive. The forums engine itself is free and unrealworld.fi web services all together (including databases and stuff for forums) are
currently around 150 USD per year.

JT2:
You should re-think the ad-free forums.

Spam as much ads as you want! I personally don't acre whether there are ads, and why not get another revenue source to support URW?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version