UnReal World > Suggestions

New look of rain a bit hard on the eyes

(1/3) > >>

Lin:
I find rain looks great in 3.50 but makes it really hard for me to see enough details to be able to play comfortably. To the point of eye strain actually.

At first I was pleased to be forced to stay indoors crafting, from a roleplay perspective. But then I realised that autumn kept progressing and there were weeks were it was raining more than it wasn't. I found myself waiting for the rain to break to do anything, just because it wasn't comfortable moving and looking around, let alone trying to hunt. The thing is, I'm definitely not advocating against the feel of realism it adds to the game. Same as it makes perfect sense not being able to see at night, an occasional heavy rain shower that completely blocks visibility would also make sense. But sometimes rain is just a little bit of water. It seems to me that the kind of rain that impedes visibility as much isn't all that common most of the time.

Of course it could just be me, I don't see anyone else complaining. In which case, I'll be doing some heavier roleplaying. :) But if not, maybe there is a way to soften the visual a bit?

Mati256:
It makes sense and it would tie in nicely with the improved climate effects we got some versions ago courtesy of Erka.

PALU:
The rain is a pain on the eyes at times:
- Hunting: the rain effect makes it hard to see any tracks, including those right next to the character.
- Harvesting: Seeing the difference between ripe and not gets very hard when it's raining, to the point that I sometimes have to use the look function to figure out the stage of the plant. Note that I'm already zoomed in to the max when harvesting.

Buua:
Game is so taxing for my eyes that rain combined with max zoom out on my laptop screen is literally painful. I had to draw red circles around arrows and some hard to spot animals, so I could actually see them on the screen without squinting . I'm considering altering tracks with red arrows too. Some might call it cheating but imo roguelike game shouldn't visually hide stuff from you.

Edico:
Agree here, maybe dampen rain visual effect a bit. Would be cool if fresh rain/snow erased tracks and affected abilities though (maybe slight penalties?) or maybe that's already in game and I didn't notice

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version