Topic: Bees, hives and mead brewing v3.5  (Read 12591 times)

Privateer

« on: March 22, 2018, 07:09:16 PM »
********NOTE: You have to be logged in to see the downloads*************

Wild bee hives, honey and mead brewing module v.3.5

Added link to version for v3.6
*Note removed usage of "Y" key and moved items to "lumber menu"

« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 09:54:25 PM by Privateer »
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Amag

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 05:01:09 AM »
So I put this mod in my game, and I have a strange problem.  The hives are invisible.  They're still present on the map, which I discovered because my character stumbled over one and got the usual message about what's on the ground.  But the tile in question just looks like empty ground. 

That honey is very hard to get if I have to depend on walking every tile all over.  :P  I have no idea what's causing this.  While I mod my game a lot, the only thing I did to this was rename the GFX file for easier finding (and yes, I made sure both the file name and the reference to it in the flora_brew were the same... multiple times).  I've tried:

1. renaming it other things
2. removing the outdated graphics reference (the number on the top line inside :: )
3. editing the GFX file itself since I noticed that the top line of pixels wasn't the same as in the graphics of standard berries.  (I know the top leftmost pixel matters for setting which color will be treated as transparency; not sure about the rest)

And of course, reloading the game and rerolling characters through all this... still invisible.  I'm probably missing something really simple, but this is very frustrating.  Help!

Privateer

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 05:59:34 AM »
Curious  : ???
 What OS and version of URW?
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Amag

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 03:28:59 AM »
OS is Windows 7 Professional SP 1
URW is 3.51

Privateer

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 10:21:18 PM »
OS is Windows 7 Professional SP 1
URW is 3.51

There should be no issue with the above.
I'd suggest;
remove mod files, run game, load a survivor, exit and save, reboot windows, re-copy mod as packaged, start game, load survivor.
Mods:

Brygun

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 01:58:25 AM »
Privateer,

I'm thinking of bringing this mod into the BAC project. As far as I can tell it doesn't use a lot of menu space so should fit.

Your active on the forums quite a bit so do let me know if you agree.

I would need to figure out a different name for the "barrel" or have any recipe for it work with an existing BAC container. BAC has "barrel" wording for a really huge container. Would the clay pots work for that role in your mod?

Privateer

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 03:46:13 AM »
Privateer,

I'm thinking of bringing this mod into the BAC project. As far as I can tell it doesn't use a lot of menu space so should fit.

Your active on the forums quite a bit so do let me know if you agree.

I would need to figure out a different name for the "barrel" or have any recipe for it work with an existing BAC container. BAC has "barrel" wording for a really huge container. Would the clay pots work for that role in your mod?

I appreciate you asking, my intention with this mod aside from it filling a long wanted spot, was for it to feel as much like part of the game as an outsider can. I'd prefer it not be bundled/repackaged or used as part of some other project.

Thank you
Mods:

Brygun

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 04:20:30 AM »
As you wish.

;)

Pet94er

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2023, 06:54:47 AM »
 :)Hello, I remember I put your mod into my game with the BAC mod a while ago, but I didn't find any honey in many weeks of playing, does this need to be done before creating the character?

Collecting honey without a smoker is suicide :o. This season I was digging out walnut seedlings and unfortunately I stomped on unseen nest of angry >:( wasps! I started working with a shovel around my nut tree, but the entrance to the nest was literally 2 steps away, they didn't like the idea :-\. They stung me 4 times, it was painful, but it made me itchy and scratchy for over a month. You don't want to deal with hundreds of bees with no smoke.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 06:56:47 AM by Pet94er »

Pet94er

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2023, 07:21:14 AM »
I am still thinking how to made a plant that you can't harvest like regullar, maybe changing [mature] will make .Wild Bee hive. unpickable all the year, and you have to go around by sumbmenu and heve to use smoker, in this case lighted like a torch would be needed to gather honey. And unmatured wild bee hive next to you:

{[NEARBY_TILE:Wild Bee hive]}               '+have a Wild Bee hive nearby'

If it is possible same way good idea would be to do inner-bark flour or gathering cones seeds.
I was thinking if I would make plant named .cones. but without any spawn location and frequency 0 maybe, and make path to harvest it so it can be still gathered from pines or spruce.
I already did some long research and estimation how much calories and nutrients both have.

anything