Poll

How many of yall actually use my dumb hardtack mod, is it worth "maintaining" for yall

yes i use it, add more stuff stupid
3 (18.8%)
I use it
0 (0%)
I dont use it.
10 (62.5%)
I use an alternative mod with the same function
3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Topic: Hardtack mod poll  (Read 5882 times)

Faatal

« on: March 20, 2018, 01:29:00 AM »
Just curious.

DfDevadander

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 08:12:49 PM »
I don't use the mod myself, but I've seen it and it is a neat mod. I make hardtack IRL for long camping trips, but I'm not familiar with any similar food from Iron Age Finland, so I choose not to use the mod for it. I really should do some research on the subject, though, and if I find anything similar from the region and time period then I will definitely be using your mod

MrMotorhead

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 09:45:21 PM »
I haven't used any mods yet but I'm glad they exist and I encourage you to keep working on it.  I suspect that the "bread" in the base game would be much more like hardtack than anything we call bread today. 

I was curious about this, and was watching this video, he says that the term hardtack didn't come into use until the civil war, that would make it an American thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyjcJUGuFVg

JEB Davis

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 11:02:09 PM »
I have your mod installed and have tried it, but only because of how I play it's not really being used. My characters rarely cook anything other than meat. If they happen to get a pot and a place to settle, they might cook soup.

So my vote of "I don't use it" is wrong because I could choose to use your mod at any time. Sorry for skewing the poll.

Faatal

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 01:56:20 AM »
I appreciate yalls feedback, the mod is somewhat anachronistic, however it does add a nice touch that I thought was missing from the game. Development will continue. As always feel free to suggest any changes, additions, etc.

anything