UnReal World > Suggestions

Equipped items should be visible

(1/2) > >>

mead:
The title is pretty self explanatory. My character model should change according to what I wield and wear. If I am using skis, there should be skis under my feet, or a spear,bow, etc. in my hand. Same goes for our clothings also. What I wear should change how my model looks. It would be a really good feeling to see yourself in full of fur clothings in the winter or with light clothings in the summer or hunting with a bow in your hands. Thus we'll be able to feel within the world better.

koteko:
Skiis you can see already. I agree with the rest, I think the game would really benefit from "composable puppet" avatars.

Also height and weight, for example, would be cool.

Dungeon Smash:
it would be nice, wouldn't it?

Privateer:
Unfortunately, given the way that PC or NPCs for that matter, are displayed would make this a difficult add/change to the game

koteko:

--- Quote from: Privateer on March 05, 2018, 05:33:29 AM ---Unfortunately, given the way that PC or NPCs for that matter, are displayed would make this a difficult add/change to the game

--- End quote ---

A cheap trick could be to make a new image (eg, pc-male.png) every time you put on/remove a piece of cloth. This would then be the one loaded and displayed by the game in the same way as the current pc-male.png.

The problems I see:

* you need a new icon for each displayable item, and specify if they go behind (cloak) or in front of the body (most of the rest)
* you actually need two new icons for each displayable item. One for when the character faces forward and one for when the character faces back. More, if the characters will be made to look left and right..
This would probably be long to put together (although users of Urw have done it in the past).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version