UnReal World > Gameplay questions

Spoiler: Forest Maid Question

(1/2) > >>

caius:
The following contains spoilers...
Spoiler: show
OK, I've collected the information about forest maids and camped at a great spot and sure enough, a forest maid appeared.  I didn't say anything or move (the quest suggests this) and she invited me to chase her and I dropped everything and ran.  As I chased her, she got trapped into a cul-de-sac of spruces with no way out.  I stayed at the mouth and watched her.  She moved back and forth in the trapped space and didn't seem to do anything.  So I moved next to her and tried the following:

* I tried to walk into her - nothing happened, something about a forest maid blocks the path
* I tired to pick up an object from her location - nothing
* I tried to talk to her and a message popped up about how I annoyed herSo, I tired to move further into the trapped space and she disappeared.  I turned around and she had somehow gotten past me out of the trapped area.  I then couldn't find her.

How do you actually catch a forest maid?  Are you supposed to?  Is the point of the quest to keep attracting her and chasing her as she runs away?  I don't get what I'm supposed to do.

PALU:
I've never caught any, and I don't think you're supposed to catch her. She can say several things, and I don't know if they boil down to the same thing or if some of them are red herrings.

She can provide you with a gift. One conversation suggests as much, and it may be that some, but not all, follow alternatives may result in a gift lying around, so you should search the immediate vicinity for something on the ground.

caius:
For completeness, here is the follow-up...
I searched around the area where the maid disappeared and couldn't find anything.  Maybe because I tried to talk to her?

I then went back to the original quest giver and he gave some more information and told me about the maid dropping items and I shouldn't tell anyone the specifics if she did give something.  The quest then was marked as complete. 

I then tried a few more days to attract a forest maid, but none showed.

Has anyone had a forest maid appear without the active quest?  If I try to attract her in the future (spring/fall?), could she appear?

PALU:
Spoiler: showYou only get the quest once. After that you have met her...
I have attracted her multiple times. Most attempts have been unsuccessful, but several have coaxed her into appearing. I don't remember if I've gotten one or more than one gift, though I certainly haven't gotten one each time.

Custergrant:
PALU - So is it possible to receive a gift more than once? I have successfully summoned the forest maid numerous times since handing in the quest, but have never found another gift after the first one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version