UnReal World > Gameplay questions

Robbers ruin my early game

(1/7) > >>

Kaleva:
I dont know how to deal with the robbers, who come in groups of 3 and you cant shoot before the stupid conversation the player character just stands there until they introduce themselves. Then they stab me, take my stuff and stab my dog and Ive spent hours of gameplay and its a sudden end.
Problem is you cant run away before they are right next to the PC.
Disapointing.

koteko:
I've been having my newest characters bothered a lot by robbers, too. But to be honest I've kind of appreciated it - the game was a bit too easy, and now I got to survive winter half-naked and with a stone knife and stone axe (luckily my cabin was done!). It can be a very frustrating setback if you like the character though. Still better than a njerpez kill..

One thing though: I always hit them first now, after unsuccessfully trying to run away. Haven't had the "conversation" with them in a long time. Maybe you don't have an arrow/javelin wielded, or they are too close to you? I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to do a ranged hit when they approach.

PALU:
Robbers come in groups of 3 to 6. I usually manage to get away (I never walk up to an "adventurer" on the overland map, but rather zoom in and walk towards the location, so I usually see them as the appear in the distance, and can zoom out and leave).
I haven't had any problem with shooting them first (which I do on robber quests once I have located them and gathered a posse [nobody but my character may use a missile weapon]). You may be able to run, but they're fast runners. Once they've got you, the best thing is to yield, in which case they steal your good stuff, but won't hurt you or your dog (and I think it may be possible to cheat by dropping your good stuff on the ground and pick it up after they've told you to run). If you fight (and don't have backup) they typically manage to beat you into unconsciousness (and sometimes death), steal your good stuff, kill your dog (unless it somehow managed to flee) and dump you half dead somewhere.
It's possible to kill robbers with hit and run tactics, but it's extremely hard without a fast character (and very hard with one).
If you run into them in hyperspace and are yanked out of hyper warp yes, they'll be right on top of you as you're zoomed in.

Kaleva:
Thanks for fast answer.
Another thing, my dogs keep disappearing when hunting. They chase the game until both of them disappear until forever.
A bug?

JEB Davis:

--- Quote from: PALU on February 25, 2018, 12:56:53 PM ---snip... (and I think it may be possible to cheat by dropping your good stuff on the ground and pick it up after they've told you to run). ... snip

--- End quote ---
Have you (or anyone else) been able to do this successfully? The only time I tried it was in Mik's story, and it certainly did not work for him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version