Topic: Cow in forest cover quest  (Read 4990 times)

PALU

« on: February 21, 2018, 01:51:54 PM »
Left BULL tracks...

Rather minor, of course.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 09:32:08 PM by Sami »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 04:59:17 PM »
Yes, this has come up a few times here and there.
Haven't managed to reproduce, but at one point I though could it be related to migrated characters (created before 3.50) as the animal gender generation worked differently then.

PALU, if you notice this, would you let me know if this was with new or migrated character?
- Sami | UnReal World creator

PALU

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 06:22:40 PM »
It was a "fresh" character generated with the first beta version, so it's been migrated along that path.

For the future, would it help if someone provided you with a save where the tracks are visible? I don't have one, but if it would, then this can serve as a "keep your eyes open" indication to players.

As an aside, I was quite happy to find UrW characters can distinguish between domestic pig and wild boar tracks, as when I got that quest there was at least one, and possibly two groups of those buggers leaving tracks all over the place (not in that tile, though, but I wouldn't have been able to find the tile if they did look the same).

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 04:01:53 PM »
It was a "fresh" character generated with the first beta version, so it's been migrated along that path.

For the future, would it help if someone provided you with a save where the tracks are visible? I don't have one, but if it would, then this can serve as a "keep your eyes open" indication to players.

Okay, thanks for the follow-up and although I'm not sure if save would help it certainly wouldn't hurt either :) so if you, or somebody else catches this bug feel free to send a savegame.

As an aside, I was quite happy to find UrW characters can distinguish between domestic pig and wild boar tracks, as when I got that quest there was at least one, and possibly two groups of those buggers leaving tracks all over the place (not in that tile, though, but I wouldn't have been able to find the tile if they did look the same).

Hehe, it's good in this case, although I guess at the old forums it was once suggested as domestic pig and boar tracks aren't actually so different they shouldn't be distinguished.
- Sami | UnReal World creator