UnReal World > Modding

Modding Tutorial and Help

<< < (3/8) > >>

BlackSwan:
What the... I just tried it again (replaced pickaxe for a branch and lowered the capacity) and yep, it worked. I then changed the code back, and it still worked. I've been trying for hours to make it work before. I think this game enjoys messing with me. Thank you very much for trying it out and letting me know the result!

Dr.Hossa:
Hey guys,
As i understood, this sticky thread was made for smaller questions and problems, so i wont open a new one.

Would be great if someone can help me out.

My Issue:
I lazily and shamelessly used brygun's earthenware mod as a blueprint.
As i am currently trying to make an all embracing mod, i wanted to make the pottery a little less complex, so i started to mess with it.
I ended up with quite satisfying results, just having clay lumps(which you need a shovel and a pit near the water for), a clay pot and and a bowl in the earthenware menu. I wanted it just to be functional and twerk it before adding more pottery recipes.

Then i decided that i want to have more influence on the outcome by adding "fine clay" so aquiring clay looks like that:
(the idea is, you can use both for your pottery, but fine clay would produce better quality. Realism is somehow added through being near a fire resembling ash.)

Spoiler: show.Dig clay. "Hunting Horn" [effort:3] [phys:arms,hands,stance]    *WEATHERLORE*   /5/  [patch]
{[TERRAIN:sea lake river ford rapids]}           
{[TILE:Pit]}         'Pit for digging clay'       
{Shovel}
[NAME:clay lump]
[MATERIAL:stone]
[WEIGHT:2]
[PRICE:0]
[TILEGFX:it-bread]

.Fine clay lump. "Hunting Horn"   [effort:2] [phys:hands,one-armed]    *WEATHERLORE*   %-5%  /5/   [patch] [noquality]
{Clay lump}     [remove]  [patchwise] [noquality]
{Water} #0.5# [remove] [patchwise]
{Fire}   'get some ash' 
{Stone}
[PRICE:1]
[TILEGFX:it-bread]
[NAME:Fine clay lump]

The pottery recipes look like that:

Spoiler: show.Clay bowl. "Wooden bowl"   [effort:0] [phys:hands,one-armed]    *WEATHERLORE*   %-5%  /15/ \3h\
{Clay lump} <Fine clay lump>  (3)   [remove]
{Water} #1.5# [remove] '+soften clay during shaping'
{Fire}
{Branch} (6) [remove] '+fuel to dry clay'
[PRICE:3]
[WEIGHT:3]
[CONT_CAPACITY:5]
[TILEGFX:it-wdbowl]

.small Clay pot. "Pot"   [effort:0] [phys:hands,one-armed]    *WEATHERLORE*   %-5%  /20/ \3h\
{Clay lump}  <Fine clay lump> (2)   [remove]
{Water} #1# [remove] '+soften clay during shaping'
{Fire}
{Branch} (4) [remove] '+fuel to dry clay'
[PRICE:2]
[CONT_CAPACITY:2]
[TILEGFX:it-wdcup]

But somehow the game only accepts the normal clay lump. I simply cannot see where the problem is, why it wouldnt let me use the fine clay.

I have the same problem with my selfmade fishing rod. the game wouldnt let me use Feathers for the swimmer:
{Branch} <Feather>   [remove] '+for the swimmer' 
(complete rod recipe here:)
Spoiler: show//PHIL'S STONE AGE
.primitive fishing rod. "Fishing rod" [effort:2] [phys:arms,one-armed] *CARPENTRY*      /90/  %-70%     |-1|   
{Wooden stake} (2) [remove]
{Cord} =15= [remove]
{Rock}  (1) [remove] '+as a weight'
{Feather}   [remove] '+for the swimmer'
{Branch} <Bone>  #0.1# [remove] '+for the fishing hook'
{Axe} <Carving axe>      
{Knife} <Small knife>
again, the idea is to make it possible to craft the rod without having a feather, using a simple stick for the swimmer, but with an inferior result
Game only accepts branches for the recipe. i also tried <* Feather>(as i actually had capercallie Feathers to test), but still didnt work

what is wrong?? am i missing something obvious?...
Thanks

Buoidda:
The thing in the <> -brackets needs to fulfill the first one too on that row, like {knife}<small knife>

Try:
{*clay lump} <Fine clay lump>

Try  [optional] for a {Feather} on a separate row.
{Feather}   [optional]

I have still to figure out myself how these optional items help, though. Comb seems to make my twisted cords only slower to make.  :o

Dr.Hossa:
ok now works, but it doesnt: it is the other way around, game doesnt allow the normal clay lumps...

And with the rod, i forgot it to report that it worked yesterday "You need branch - preferably a feather"
now it randomly stopped working... didnt change a thing in that code since yesterday

--- Quote from: Buoidda on December 08, 2020, 02:25:50 PM ---The thing in the <> -brackets needs to fulfill the first one too on that row, like {knife}<small knife>

--- End quote ---
so, you sure about that?...
Because at this position, the code works well:
{Branch} <Bone>  #0.1# [remove] '+for the fishing hook'
i can use bone or branch

what a mystery...
i think i will try out renaming that "fine clay lump" to "better clay lump", since the word "fine" perhaps is messing with the game's quality system.

Buoidda:
Pretty sure yeah. Are you using a vanilla bone or a modded one?

--- Quote from: Dr.Hossa on December 08, 2020, 02:55:46 PM ---...what a mystery...
i think i will try out renaming that "fine clay lump" to "better clay lump", since the word "fine" perhaps is messing with the game's quality system.

--- End quote ---
I doubt it is the cause. My test results:

--- Code: ---.test item. "branch" /1/
{*clay lump} <Fine clay lump>   //works with either recipe below
{Branch} <Bone>  #0.1# [remove]   // will not accept forest reindeer bone

.Clay lump. "branch" /1/

.Fine clay lump. "branch" /1/
{Bone} #0.1# [remove] // will  accept forest reindeer bone

--- End code ---

Only way I see  {Branch} <Bone> working is that you have a test item .Bone. inherited from a "Branch". EDIT: But even that didn't work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version