Topic: Loop snare vs light lever trap?  (Read 6061 times)

koteko

« on: February 19, 2018, 05:11:26 PM »
Always wondered if there was any practical difference in those. I always go with lever lever traps to use the cord somewhere else - but have you noticed better efficacy somehow?

In light levers, I caught birds, hares, squirrels, ermines and even a small fox once. The few times I've tried loops, I felt it worked equally.

There is the little matter of a new 3.5b2 spell that should make snares more appealing to hares.. maybe it doesn't work with light lever traps?

(same as fox trap vs other traps for foxes.. there's a spell that mentions the former but I don't know if works on light lever or deadfalls too)

PALU

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 09:31:15 PM »
As far as I know (which is guesswork) there's no practical difference. Snares are a lot more portable, so I've set them on top of elk cuts when I can't carry everything in the past, and I also use them to pass time to reduce fatigue ahead of difficult/important tasks. Apart from that, if you have a lot of traps, cords are somewhat easier to produce than to collect the stones needed for light lever traps. Given the current penalty on small game, I'm moving away from those traps when the startup phase is over.

koteko

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 10:08:55 PM »
Given the current penalty on small game, I'm moving away from those traps when the startup phase is over.

What do you mean?

PALU

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 08:47:52 AM »
Given the current penalty on small game, I'm moving away from those traps when the startup phase is over.

What do you mean?
The spirits seem to get equally annoyed at you killing a hazel grouse as you killing an elk. If you were to survive only on hazel grouse meat the spirits will be constantly furious at you, as the sacrifice limit seems to correspond to one killed creature per day.

koteko

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 08:59:11 AM »
That explain a lot of things.. thanks as usual, PALU!