UnReal World > Not bugs

[let it be] Skins

(1/2) > >>

Acolyte:
Not sure if it's a bug, but it takes 4lbs of leather to make a .3lbs item. Is there a decimal missing?
   - Shane

PALU:
Are you talking about a mod? 4.0 -> 0.3 sounds like a lot, so you should probably describe what reaction it is.

Note that UrW is quirky in that in rounds everything UP, so 1.01 lbs of leather is displayed as 2 lbs, and a distance of 3.1 km is displayed as 4 km. Also, if the excess is small enough, it may not result in a remaining fractional item.

Ametsala:
I believe Acolyte's talking about 0.3 lbs waterskin needing 4 lbs of leather to make. Here's how it is in vanilla diy_glossary.txt:

--- Code: ---.Skin. [effort:1] [phys:hands]  *COMMON* /120/ %40%
{Leather} #4# [remove]
{Knife}
{Tying equipment} [remove]

--- End code ---

It is probably a bug. I can't imagine where the remaining 3.7 lbs of leather goes...

JEB Davis:
And likewise, it's hard to imagine an empty water skin weighing 4 pounds. There would be some leather wasted in the process of cutting it to shape, so perhaps requiring 3 pounds to construct, and weighing 1 to 2 pounds when finished might be better.

Acolyte:

--- Quote from: Ametsala on January 21, 2018, 03:36:04 PM ---I believe Acolyte's talking about 0.3 lbs waterskin needing 4 lbs of leather to make. Here's how it is in vanilla diy_glossary.txt:

--- Code: ---.Skin. [effort:1] [phys:hands]  *COMMON* /120/ %40%
{Leather} #4# [remove]
{Knife}
{Tying equipment} [remove]

--- End code ---

It is probably a bug. I can't imagine where the remaining 3.7 lbs of leather goes...

--- End quote ---

Yep, that's the one. I probably should have been more clear in the OP.  :)

Also requires 0.5lbs of cord - more than the final item. If that's just to close off the bag that's quite a bit, but if it's also a shoulder strap.... well pretty reasonable, actually. Given the skin holds 2.5 liters of water or so (5lbs) I can see the weight being upped a little. But 4.5lbs of material for a 0.3lb item seems a little much unless you're thinning the leather, too.

- Shane

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version