Topic: Foreign traders  (Read 4226 times)

Roman Lodestar

« on: January 19, 2018, 04:46:23 AM »
Every time I come across the blue guys their wares are... disappointing, they seem to have rarely good wares with them but mostly they have very few items to sale or they have almost nothing interesting, I have better time trading with the Driik since they have more things available and accept everything as payment, if they want my precious furs then they be better bringing more gear with them for sale.

My two squirrels hides.

PALU

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 10:14:42 AM »
I believe I've brought it up before, but I think the traders should stop carrying leather and fur armor, because that doesn't make sense to bring from abroad, and rather bring metal armor which is hard to come by.

Traders are mostly good for the occasional valuables they bring, as well as having a reasonable chance to bring quality weapons (but not tools, for some reason).

Beasts of burden would allow traders to carry more wares, although the vessels vikings used probably weren't suitable for horses, so it would probably be ahistorical (on the other hand, their names are more gothic than scandinavian, and the pre Hanseatic League ships might have had a better cargo capacity).
An additional complication is that traders would have to have some mechanism to trade directly from their beasts' inventories (but possibly by not actually carrying any trade goods themselves: that's what the beasts are for, after all).

Acolyte

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 06:22:51 AM »
Hello! First post.  ;D

Any way one would be able to treat the pack animal like a village? So you press shift G to get, then talk to any trader to pay you're debt? No reason you wouldn't still be able to trade with the individuals, too. You can do that in a village as well.

- Shane

anything