Topic: [Fixed - persists in 3.50b2] Dog caught in village pen  (Read 5373 times)

PALU

« on: January 13, 2018, 12:52:49 PM »
I entered a village from the west and ended up right beside a dog pen. When I tried to leave the village I was told my dog couldn't follow me, so I shouted for it and finally located it in the dog pen. Given that followers end up to the east of the character when entering settlements the dog should have ended up on top of the fence, and then elected to go in rather than out.
This is the first time it's happened, even though I've visited this village and another village where I likewise end up right beside a pen fence when entering from the west multiple times.

It's just an annoyance, but it would probably help if settlement generation placed pen fences with a two tile margin to the western edge rather than the current single tile.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 06:33:55 PM by Sami »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 06:47:17 PM »
Let's adjust. Can you tell which culture village it was?
Village structures are arranged culturally, so I'll check the village pen generation of that culture.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

PALU

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 07:26:36 PM »
It is a Reemi village. Another way to rearrange the villages is to mirror them, as dogs/companions always spawn to the east.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 06:33:34 PM »
Borders checked and given more marginal. There was a few other cultures to tweak as well.

Fixed - persists in 3.50 beta 2
- Sami | UnReal World creator