UnReal World > Gameplay questions

About herbs/plants

<< < (2/2)

PALU:
Yes, the regrow from the plants that withered, so no additional seeds are needed.

Killing heaps of birds is bad for your karma in 3.50betaX...

shorun:

--- Quote from: PALU on January 13, 2018, 10:53:55 PM ---Yes, the regrow from the plants that withered, so no additional seeds are needed.

Killing heaps of birds is bad for your karma in 3.50betaX...

--- End quote ---

this is good, i find the game should somehow punish you if you take to much.

after all, one person can't possibly eat all those birds. and one stag will set you for well over a month, that includes feeding 2 dogs with it. so i really dont see why one would catch everything they come across.

caethan:
> after all, one person can't possibly eat all those birds.

This isn't really true.  I like to live off of small game, and it's much harder now.  Birds only give you a couple of cuts, enough for a day at most.  And trapping a bird a day will get you in trouble.

PALU:
Like caethan said, sacrificing seems to be capable of "paying" for about one animal per day, regardless of size. If you're hunting actively you can regulate the flow somewhat by stopping when you have enough, but if you use traps you have no control over when animals enter them (and they tend to arrive in groups as well).

There are some things I dislike about the changed sacrificial system:
1. The price seems to be one animal = 1 demerit point (and you seem to get those for chopping trees as well). It would make a lot more sense if bigger animals had a higher "cost", if for no other reason than to avoid punishing a small game hunting life style unfairly.
2. A daily sacrificial chore that is also the maximum sacrifice that has any effect doesn't seem right to me. As far as I know, most cultures performed sacrifices either in anticipation of something (before a sea voyage, etc.), or in gratitude to something (killing an elk, winning over an enemy, a good harvest, etc., or to ward off bad luck (diseases, etc., especially when something was going around).
3. A common sacrificial pool for all sacrifices doesn't seem right either. The spirits of the water ought not to care of whether you've sacrifices to the spirits of the forest and vice versa.

Note that there are rituals my character doesn't know yet, so there may be dedicated sacrificial rituals that are still unknown. However, the spirit of the forest could be invoked with the general sacrificial ritual, and my character was hit with unsteadiness (i.e. the daily sacrifice had already been done in the morning, so additional ones were useless), for it, but the ritual still worked.

Also note that I have no knowledge of Finnish Iron Age spirit relations, so I can be barking up the wrong tree.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version