Topic: 3.50(beta2) Sleeping dog moving around the tree it's tied to.  (Read 7434 times)

Sproink

« on: January 04, 2018, 09:18:41 PM »
Left my dog named "Moon Moon" at my settlement to gather some rocks for my fireplace, when I came back it was sleeping and moving around the tree it's tied to. I went inside and built my fireplace and it was still doing that.

Save file: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1A0VU07aUMXuLiHVBhPlAhd3EfPk1okQH?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 11:15:05 PM by Sami »

Puella14

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 06:49:54 PM »
Very fitting, that it‘s named moon moon ^^ Can‘t even sleep right, that retarded dog :P

nekot

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 08:36:26 AM »
I think this is caused by Coriolis effect.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 08:02:28 PM »
Left my dog named "Moon Moon" at my settlement to gather some rocks for my fireplace, when I came back it was sleeping and moving around the tree it's tied to. I went inside and built my fireplace and it was still doing that.

Save file: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1A0VU07aUMXuLiHVBhPlAhd3EfPk1okQH?usp=sharing

When I load this save the dog is awake - should it be sleeping here?
Anyway, I waited for a day, observing the dog and couldn't reproduce the issue. The underlying conditions may be difficult to come across.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Sproink

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 08:18:04 PM »
I used the save file I sent and the dog was indeed sleeping and moving. Since you didn't get the same results I suspected some of my game files were corrupted so I validated files with steam but got the same results.

Here are screenshots of Moon Moon's dancing:
Spoiler: show

5 turns later:

« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 08:20:29 PM by Sproink »

Sproink

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 08:29:23 PM »
I could send you my whole game folder if you want it just say it.

For your information, I never used any mods or messed with game files with this copy. This is what I got from installing the game with steam.

DfDevadander

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 08:13:33 PM »

Just out of curiosity, I downloaded your save and checked it out. The dog did indeed move around for a bit while it was still asleep after I did individual presses of the key for skipping a turn; skipped about ten turns this way with the dog still sleeping and moving around.

After those turns, I decided to try holding down the key and ended up skipping quite a few turns; the dog woke up at some point and everything was back to normal. My version of the game comes directly from urw.fi and not from Steam, so my guess (though I'm not a programmer or anything) is that there's something wrong with files in the Steam version.

Or perhaps Moon Moon is in a shamanic trance, and is dreaming new worlds into existence :)

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 11:14:54 PM »
Encouraged by others succesful reproduction tries I gave it another go and yes, now I also managed to see the issue.
So no need for additional folders to be sent, Sproink, and thanks for the follow-up info. Will continue to investigate.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Sproink

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 03:50:58 AM »
Glad to help.

anything