Topic: Need advice on efficiently dealing with 8 reindeer  (Read 4465 times)

Dieselrags

« on: January 03, 2018, 07:56:29 PM »
I built a trap fence and when I went to check on it I got 8 reindeer still alive. It’s mid summer first year all I have is a shelter so I can’t dry or smoke anything.
Could I keep them alive while I build a cabin with a fire place? Should I butcher and skin them all and trade the cooked meat for whatever I can get at a village? I’m not sure what the best thing to do is here I don’t want to waste all this meat and make the spirits angry. Some advice would be much appreciated. I’m not very good at this game by the way

Dieselrags

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 07:57:59 PM »
I was also curious whether or not I could use the village sauna to smoke or will they accuse me of stealing.

Privateer

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 08:07:26 PM »
 First off, Nice bounty  ;)

Yes you can use a villages fireplace or sauna to smoke your meat. (this is safe to do)
You can also erect fence around the animal(s) then release them into the "pen" for later processing by dismantling the trap they are in.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Dieselrags

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 08:59:22 PM »
That’s a great idea. I’ll get to work on that fence. Thank you for your help.

Puella14

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 10:11:00 PM »
Yup, fence seems to be the best bet. 8 reindeers, holy s***. That wasn‘t the smartest herd, huh? I kinda imagine them sitting in there watching you and calmly talking to each other... „yo Billy you in here too? Did you see that hot Doe in the hole next to me? Can this human hurry up already it‘s boooring in here!“  :D

anything