Topic: Game Course Difficulty  (Read 3979 times)

GrimmSpector

« on: June 05, 2023, 06:26:09 PM »
I'm doing the advanced course, and it wants me to build a trap fence ... I've already built one. So I go and kick a trap pit down, and then reset it. Zoom out...nothing. The completion doesn't proc. What're the requirements here? Do I need to wait for spring to redo this by building a brand new trap fence somewhere??

PALU

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2023, 06:57:05 PM »
Can't say with any certainty, but the step didn't register as completed until I made a second trap pit in my fence, so I'd suggest trying to dismantle two pit traps and rebuild them.

GrimmSpector

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2023, 07:23:32 PM »
Can't say with any certainty, but the step didn't register as completed until I made a second trap pit in my fence, so I'd suggest trying to dismantle two pit traps and rebuild them.

That's annoying as I've deliberately set myself up a space where 1 pit trap is sufficient for a choke point in a few different spaces, and I can't dig any new pits because it's winter.

JP_Finn

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 11:15:22 PM »
As long as there's couple traps, couple sections of fence, with or without trees in the "chain", the task will trigger completed upon zooming out. You can apply a loop snare, or set a light lever trap, to satisfy the task targets.

Edit: 2 pit traps is the minimum, with fence sections/trees between the trap pits.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 09:46:11 PM by JP_Finn »

JP_Finn

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2023, 11:16:33 PM »
I'm pretty certain that resetting an existing trap doesn't qualify. Dismantling and rebuilding does as PALU suggested.

GrimmSpector

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2023, 04:11:56 PM »
As long as there's couple traps, couple sections of fence, with or without trees in the "chain", the task will trigger completed upon zooming out. You can apply a loop snare, or set a light lever trap, to satisfy the task targets.

I've got a light lever trap, pit trap, fence line, and two snares ... still no proc :-\

JP_Finn

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2023, 09:45:00 PM »
I just tested, 2 pit traps is minimum for the task to be completed. I got 2 fence section and tree between the 2 pits.
I tried Light lever trap and loop snares: no-go.

GrimmSpector

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2023, 10:59:02 PM »
I just tested, 2 pit traps is minimum for the task to be completed. I got 2 fence section and tree between the 2 pits.
I tried Light lever trap and loop snares: no-go.

Sigh guess I'm waiting till next spring when I start putting together a new trap fence somewhere. Thanks!

JP_Finn

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2023, 02:15:20 AM »
You can already scout for suitable location and start building the fence sections. Then just add trap pits once ground defrosts.

GrimmSpector

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2023, 05:07:19 AM »
You can already scout for suitable location and start building the fence sections. Then just add trap pits once ground defrosts.

I might do that, the scouting, the fence depends on how much fence there is to build, but if I'm going to do a full one and not just one for the progress it makes sense.