UnReal World > Gameplay questions

Injured Adventurer

<< < (2/2)

Brygun:
Pattern searches are your friend.

Some that work well for this is:

= Handrail
Find the edge of the matching terrain description and move along it.
Shelter won't appear until encountered until met on the normal zoomed in map.
If on the zoomed out map you can use Alt-T to look for tracks, which can work if they said an animal like a bear was involved.
You can also hand rail zoomed in by manually walking along with the occasional alt-T. Blood scrapes can be spotted zoomed in.

= Spoke searches
Think of a wagon wheel with the hub at the center with spokes going out to the large rim.
Start at point of interest like spotted tracks or a guess your in the right spot or the center of the quest marked area.
It can be helpful to put a marker in place to mark the hub. On the zoomed in map stacks of 3 branches, 3 rocks etc as 3 uncommon in nature. On the zoomed out you can put a map marker down or build a shelter.
Move in a direction away from your hub to make the first spoke. Then move in the rim's circle in one direction. Return to the hub.
Shift your angle a little go out again go out again to the rim distance. Try to use the same distance. Circle again and come back as needed.
Once you complete a circle repeat with a wider circle.
If you find some evidence then use that as the new center of search remembering to put down a new marker.

PALU:
It seems on of your problems is that you don't (yet) recognize what heath looks like. If you look at your first image, I believe the tile about 7 tiles to the east is heath (trees on a yellowish ground cover).

In the same image you have a lake, and to the west of the lake you have a couple of hills with three tiles of heath surrounding them.

GrimmSpector:

--- Quote from: PALU on April 28, 2023, 09:48:43 AM ---It seems on of your problems is that you don't (yet) recognize what heath looks like. If you look at your first image, I believe the tile about 7 tiles to the east is heath (trees on a yellowish ground cover).

In the same image you have a lake, and to the west of the lake you have a couple of hills with three tiles of heath surrounding them.

--- End quote ---

Yup, the heath description on the wiki did NOT help me here lol, thank you, that helped a lot. I eventually found it. Have no clue where the treasure he promised is, but hey lol I did the quest and that was nice.

Tinker:
If he offered you a treasure trove then you need to give the item he asked for, usually it is in the shelter with other stuff you can keep, he will then give you the location of the treasure. He may have offered you some other reward which you will get after returning his spear or whatever, it is your choice to keep his utem or return it.

GrimmSpector:

--- Quote from: Tinker on April 28, 2023, 05:17:54 PM ---If he offered you a treasure trove then you need to give the item he asked for, usually it is in the shelter with other stuff you can keep, he will then give you the location of the treasure. He may have offered you some other reward which you will get after returning his spear or whatever, it is your choice to keep his utem or return it.

--- End quote ---

Yeah I know, I already got him his thing, I just haven't found the location he said the treasure was yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version