UnRelated discussion > Off-topic

Ancient Savo : A new Enormous Elk game in the making

<< < (2/4) > >>

Erkka:

--- Quote --- Sounds like fun! Isn't the Kaumo in UrW based on Savo?
--- End quote ---

I think Kaumo is more like Kainuu. But you are close - Kiesse is inspired by real world Savo.

For a long time I was unsure if I'd like to set this new game in the world of UnReal World. In which case the title might have been "Kiesse pioneers" or something.
But at some point I decided to use the real world name Savo, maybe making the game easier to approach for those who haven't been playing lot of UrW. And also to allow a bit more freedom in another way - yes, I'm somewhat restricted with the historical facts, but then also if there will be a need to do something differently than in UrW world, I can do that.

Anyway, the differences won't be that great. It is around 1200 CE pagan Finland.

Ps. And since we are here, let me mention that the very first early development test version is already available for the project backers. No, it isn't anything like a game yet. But I thought it would be nice to let the backers have a taste of the bare minimum, and then see how the development goes from that zero level, week by week.

Dark Art:
I mean no offense Erkka, but I always thought that using real names for tribes in URW would've been much better choice. I understand why you guys chose to go the way you did, but still... People tend to forget history and educating the world, even in a game environment, is absolutely a good thing. We have enough (perhaps too much) fantastical goblins in our lives, while our own true history and folklore are being either forgotten, or twisted to the point of being completely unrecognizable. So for what's it worth - thank you for telling us a bit about history of your ancestors. I always thought that real historical evens can be (and often were) much more dramatic and fascinating than any sci-fi or fantasy story. We need more of that.

Mati256:
Really interesting concept. I will try to donate this coming week.

Erkka:
Just a mid-campaign visibility boost =)

The campaign start has been fine, and we see steadily growing content at the project Discord channels. There's already a download available for the project backers; at this point it is not so much, but provides an insight for those who wish to witness the development as it happens.

If you are not sure if you wish or can donate to become a backer, it won't hurt to join the Discord server to become a Follower. For Followers can become Backers later on, even after the campaign is over (31st of January).

For more info see the campaign page

rudy:

--- Quote from: Erkka on January 18, 2021, 06:04:09 PM ---it won't hurt to join the Discord server to become a Follower.
--- End quote ---
Joined the discord, but there's no way for me to post anywhere. Is there something I need to do to "become a Follower"?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version