UnReal World > Gameplay questions

Injured adventurer clarification

<< < (2/3) > >>

PALU:
I've never found any shelter in a tile with only diagonal contact (a single point isn't a border), and I don't think those count, but that might be incorrect.

If the tiles of the "right" type is reasonably open I tend to walk in those tiles within view of the border, but if the target tile type is infested by spruce I walk close to the border in the other tile type. Blood scapes tend to be spread all over the target tile, so only you find the tile it's usually easily identified. The shelter may take a little work to find, but at that stage it's only a single tile. Beware of the attacking animal, though: it may still be there (I lost my latest adventurer to a wolf in such a quest, and an earlier adventurer was attacked by a bear, but saved by his dog).

shorun:

--- Quote from: JEB Davis on October 28, 2017, 10:40:23 PM ---You may have to be persistent and patient to find the shelter.
Last time I did that quest, I found bloodscapes & tracks, and
the shelter was difficult to find, but it was there. The reward
was worth the effort.

--- End quote ---

same, except the only thing i found was the handaxe the adventurer wanted back and 2 wooden mugs....

anyway, found blood on the border, with bear tracks. followed those tracks, found the bear camping in the shelter. fucking squatters.

PALU:
Have you checked the tile partially hidden by the shelter? There may be stuff there as well. However, the most valuable thing from those quests tends to be the teaching anyway.

Plotinus:
If it says "at border location of spruce mire area right next to pine mire in the west", it means: There is a spruce mire with a shelter in it, and 1 tile directly west of the spruce mire is a pine mire.

It's not necessarily near the border between the spruce mire and pine mire tile. it can be anywhere in the spruce mire tile.

bethefawn:
I hate to be negative, but I just spent a few hours trying to complete yet another of these, and I feel they are a frustrating addition to the game. The only time I have ever successfully completed one of these quests is when I saw the shelter on the wilderness map. Catching one in a hundred animals is one thing, but these searches are just too hard in an unfun way (for me). I suspect I'm in the minority, but I just had to vent some frustration to people who would know what I'm talking about.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version