UnRelated discussion > Off-topic

Best music to listen while playing UrW

(1/3) > >>

paulkorotoon:
The other day I came across the latest Burzum album Thulêan Mysteries. Not only is it a staggering mix of ambient, pagan folk and post-black (not sure though, I'm not quite good at identifying genres), but also it fits playing, and intensifies immersion, and makes UrW feel a little differently. Solemner, more frightening, more enigmatic.

What music do you listen to while wandering the unreal land? And does it change the usual feeling of the game?

JP_Finn:
I have anything from Tom Petty, Steely Dan, Billy Elliot, Elton John, Queen, to Children of Bodom, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Thin Lizzie, Rev Horton Heat, ZZ Top, Anthrax, Queens of the Stone Age, Beastie Boys, Dire Straits, Cyprus Hill, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Ramones, Slayer, 2Pac, Panthera, Stray Cats, Metallica (first 5 albums only), Megadeth.. and on and on. Some days I just want to chill and listen to Chopin and Tchaikovsky. 

Rock, metal, punk, non mumble rap, psycho-billy/rockabilly. Most goes. Not mumble or ‘yo-bitch-gangsta rap’. Some EDM, elevator/lift music annoys the living daylights out of me.

JP_Finn:
Ah, I should’ve simply suggested for everyone to listen to Korpiklaani (Mireclan... if they’d translate their performances, hehe)

trowftd:
I really like listening to drone metal, stuff like Sunn O))), Boris, Earth are really cool but it is not for everyone I guess.

Burzum makes really good ambient music as well, if you liked the newer albums I can definitely suggest Alcest,it is not really a pagan-folk group, but it is a popular group you might have heard of it. Amesoeurs makes a little softer music but I think they are great as well.Les Discrets are similar to Amesoeurs as well. That was a lot of French bands for someone who is not from France. ;D

Woods of Ypres really has some bangers as well "I Was Buried In Mount Pleasant Cemetery" and "Traveling Alone" are my favourites.

One Finnish group that I'm listening is called Tenhi, I don't really understand the lyrics but they are really nice songs slow, soft. My favourite is "Pojan Kiiski" I think the song is about a boy and his fish but I dunno, it is cool though.

Not every song in my playlist is my favourite best amazing song of all time ofc, my playlist mostly consists of ambient, blackgaze, ds black metal. Other than that I really like John Frusciante's solo work, like all of them. With his other group Ataxia, alternative rock, really cool songs there.

In order for me to listen any music, it needs a distorted or overdriven guitar and that's pretty much all it needs. :P

paulkorotoon:

--- Quote from: trowftd on February 10, 2021, 11:49:55 AM ---Burzum makes really good ambient music as well, if you liked the newer albums I can definitely suggest Alcest,it is not really a pagan-folk group, but it is a popular group you might have heard of it. Amesoeurs makes a little softer music but I think they are great as well.Les Discrets are similar to Amesoeurs as well. That was a lot of French bands for someone who is not from France. ;D

--- End quote ---

Got the first two in my record library. Gonna check out Les Discrets, never heard of them, thanks. I also like Gris, they're French too. I do enjoy French black metal bands generally, they've got pretty unique sounding.

--- Quote from: trowftd on February 10, 2021, 11:49:55 AM ---Woods of Ypres really has some bangers as well "I Was Buried In Mount Pleasant Cemetery" and "Traveling Alone" are my favourites.

--- End quote ---
Another entry goes into my list of music to listen!

--- Quote from: trowftd on February 10, 2021, 11:49:55 AM ---One Finnish group that I'm listening is called Tenhi, I don't really understand the lyrics but they are really nice songs slow, soft. My favourite is "Pojan Kiiski" I think the song is about a boy and his fish but I dunno, it is cool though.

--- End quote ---
Whoaa, Tenhi. Absolutely love their first album Kauan! Also, there's Russian band named Kauan after this very album. Their music's pretty close to Tenhi's, yet not too similar.

--- Quote from: trowftd on February 10, 2021, 11:49:55 AM ---In order for me to listen any music, it needs a distorted or overdriven guitar and that's pretty much all it needs. :P

--- End quote ---
Literally me, hehe.

By the way, I've got a Telegram channel where I write about black metal and stuff. If you want, I can PM you a link. It's in Russian, but in order to listen to music you'll only need to click links :D .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version